A sudden new incompatibility with netflix this morning

so nothing new on my end when it comes to my computer set up, started up windows this morning went to watch netflix like usually only to be greeted with a brand new M7121-1331 Netflix Error Code, I can only assume that some new update broke Netflix support between now and last night. Not sure if it is a new netflix thing or a Brave update thing.

1 Like

@shinymewy,
Seems to be working on my end. Can you try clearing your Netflix cache and site data?

1 Like

I’m having the same issue, there was an update that was pushed to my browser shortly after 11:00AM (MST) to Brave version 0.70.123 Chromium: 78.0.3904.97 (Official Build) (64-bit). As soon as this update occurred, Brave was unable to be utilized for either Netflix or Amazon, both no longer recognize the device as a valid device from which to stream. I’ve cleared the cache on my desktop browser and completely cleared out my browser data just in case. This has not resolved the issue. Honestly, I haven’t been able to stream full HD on Amazon for months with Brave due to a previous update and now with it being unusable for Netflix as well, I’m no longer considering utilizing it as my main browser, which is a shame. But with both services that I utilize the most for entertainment being impacted and performing unreliably on Brave while performing just fine on browsers such as Firefox or Chrome, I think I’ll just move back to using them on a regular basis.

I also had my issues today after the update on macOS that broke Widevine. I ended up with a deletion and a fresh install of Brave. The fresh installation also made some trouble but it works stable now.

Did my own post here: Todays update destroyed Widevine on macOS 10.15.1

1 Like

Netflix has a good support when it comes to error-codes. Have you checked this site:
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/61874

Yep that was one of two troubleshooting things I did when it comes to fixing my issue, I basically wiped the browser clean deleting everything from all time. Went into the advanced options for that one. My second troubleshooting thing was to turn off brave shields and that did nothing. I then tried it on chrome to determine that is was a brave issue.

1 Like

Yep I went to that site only to discover that Netflix said it was a problem with my browser.

I wonder how I’d reinstall without losing my favourites and such on my browser… Passwords and such I couldn’t care less about because of dashlane but still.

If you join(ed) a sync-chain your favorites are save. Check this via brave://sync/

@shinymewy,
You can reinstall without losing data if you want by saving your profile folder and then replacing the folder created in the new install with your old one. You may have to reinstall your extensions however, if you have any.

1. On macOS, go to ~/Library/Application Support/BraveSoftware/Brave-browser
  2. If you haven’t created any additional browser profiles, all of your data will be stored in the Default folder. Make a safe copy of this folder in its entirety and save it somewhere.
    • Additionally, in the event something goes wrong, you may also want to manually export your bookmarks by going to Menu --> Bookmarks manager --> More options (top right) --> Export bookmarks and save these somewhere as well.
  3. Trash the entire BraveSoftware directory.
  4. Trash the Brave Browser.app file in your Applications folder and remove the icon from your dock.
  5. Re-download the installer and run it.
  6. After installation completes, close any Brave instances currently running, and copy/paste and replace your saved Default folder in the newly created /BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser folder.

Launch brave and you should have all your settings and data restored. Let me know if any of the above is unclear.

1 Like

How would I do this sort of thing on windows 10?

Whoops! Apologies – for some reason I had assumed you were using macOS. On Windows, the steps will be the same, except for you’ll want to go to C://Users/[Your user name]/AppData/Local/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/User Data – the User data folder is what you’ll want to make a safe copy of. So copy that entire directory somewhere safe. Backup your bookmarks as well.
Then uninstall Brave using Windows built in Add/Remove programs. Elect to delete associated files as well. Then, download/run the installer and after it’s complete, return to the directory above and replace the new User data folder with the one you copied.

Hi @rraddogg maybe the workaround provided on this page could help:

https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/6836

Crossing my fingers!

1 Like

Same problem here.

Brave version 0.70.123 Chromium: 78.0.3904.97 (Build officiel) (64 bits) (Windows 10)
+
Netflix
->
Error code M7121-1331

Npoe @rraddogg it’s not between Apple and Brave, it was a bad plugin-version. Read the provided source I’ve linked to again. I will help.

Otherwise, delete and reinstall Brave, that will also work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.