Move from Nightly to Release keeping BATs, or else can they co-exist?

Briefly describe your issue:
I’d like to know if it is possible to switch from Brave Nightly to Brave Release and keep estimated earnings made through the current period, or the BAT amount on that wallet (which is still unverified). Account#, Private Key and Mnemonic words are kept in a safe place.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Windows 10, Version 1.37.17 Chromium: 98.0.4758.87 (Official Build) nightly (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
No.

What date did you verify your wallet?
N/A

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Not yet.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
Sometimes, doesn’t change my IP’s geolocation.

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes.

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
N/A.

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
Yes.

As explained in my other post, I wasn’t getting ads on Brave Release for some reason. I tried Brave nightly and it’s been consistently showing ad notifications and counting BATs in brave://rewards estimated earnings.

Because Nightly is not recommended as a daily driver, I would like to switch back or at least try Brave Release again - when 1.35 is out - and see if my issues with ad rewards are gone. Ideally moving my Nightly BAT rewards (estimated if possible) to Release.

In case it’s not possible I’d like to know if installing Release alongside Nightly will cause any kind of issue with the Rewards System, and if it can for instance get my wallets flagged or anything of the like.

Thank you so much for your patience and support!

Anyone?

Would it be safe to install Brave Release 1.35 and try to restore Nightly’s wallet?

I understand estimated earnings are alive in the browser only and would be hardly recoverable, but once they pay out to my unverified Brave wallet, would it be safe to uninstall Nightly and restore said wallet on Release?

They can happily co-exist.

Alternatively, if you are on windows you can go to C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware and rename the directory Brave-Browser-Nightly to Brave-Browser and you can use your previously set up profiles and wallets etc. in the release version.

1 Like

Thank you so much @CloggyAbroad , it worked perfectly. I have been able to fire up Release as an exact copy of what I had in Nightly (wallet and estimated rewards included).

Now hoping to see those notificacions pop up!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.