Current BAT earnings reduced overnight

Please forgive me if this has been asked & answered already, but when I searched the community, despite being able to find a couple posts that matched my experience, the OP’s had not been replied to and the threads had been closed. Most search results that I could find were experiencing similar problems (missing/disappearing BAT) but they were manifesting in different ways than mine.

Briefly describe your issue:
Right before I went to bed last night, my BAT earnings for Brave Rewards had surpassed 7BAT for this month, on my laptop (Im not counting the mobile Brave rewards on my phone). I noticed because I watched the counter tick above the 7BAT mark in an active window; from 6.995 to 7.005 when I CTRL+T a new tab. Shut down & went to bed. When I woke up, I was doing stuff on my laptop and noticed my earnings when I opened a new tab. They were back down to 6.995 and then ticked up to 7.005 when it credited me for the ad in the new tab (even though I had WATCHED it climb above 7 only hours before). I dont have screens of this, because Ive never really had any issues with my BAT not showing up or disappearing or anything. And also, I had no idea this was going to happen.
What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Windows 10 / Brave browser 1.41.100
Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes.
What date did you verify your wallet?
2/7/22
Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes.
Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No.
Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes. USA.
Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)? N/A
**Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??**They are off, yes.

What you said is actually true cos it has happened to me too, and it’s this month, but I promise you it will correct itself in time. In my case, about 0.6+BAT was missing overnight, but in a week or thereabout, I discovered that the exact amount was added to my balance.

The first picture was on the 12th of this month while the second was on the 13th.
The missing balance was returned on the 20th. So it’s just a matter of time, your BAT will be returned.

1 Like

Ahhh thank you! Very much appreciated my guy. :pray:
If I may clarify a bit with you… so, as far as the .6+BAT that you had go missing, did your “estimated earnings” previously reflect your balance as already being credited with that .6BAT? And then, overnight, the .6 disappeared (reducing your “estimated earnings” by .6BAT) only to return a little later?

I appreciate your time my friend… I was just wanting to clarify to make sure Im understanding this correctly. :+1:

Yes, that’s exactly what happened. I know this may sound awkward but I take a snapshot of my balance/earnings virtually everyday, so I know what I had and what I have. I noticed immediately there was deduction in my estimated earnings because I’d taken a screenshot the previous night, and I also caugt it when it was returned cos I saw a significant increase in my estimated earning. I did the calculation, and it was the exact amount deducted that was returned.

1 Like

I dont think that sounds weird AT ALL, my friend! :+1: I used to do the SAME thing for the first few months of using Brave… Like yourself, I did this to keep a look out for these exact types of inconsistencies. However, after not experiencing any real problems, I found it unnecessary to continue to do so.

So, it’s comforting to know others do this as well! Its nice to have the images to support ones claim when something happens that doesnt make sense.

Thank you again for your replies!:100::pray::raised_hands::fist_right::fist_left:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.