Gemini at Risk -

Briefly describe your issue:

$ Gemini as a business is under duress. Please consider Brave user safety and remove Gemini from location to Custody BAT.

$ High transfer fees - Is Theft. Gemini charged nearly 5 BAT (~$1.28 US) to transfer ~20 BAT. This, considering blockchain and automation, is THEFT!

$$ Request Brave setup ability for Brave users to receive BAT to personal/self custodian wallets. Safer, Reliable, Secure, and Sane.

$ Note: UPHOLD does not have access to real coin/token. They fake trades and do currency swaps on the fly for transfers. Iā€™ve several bad experiences and UPHOLD is not an honest operator. Period.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Brave: Version 1.46.153 Chromium: 108.0.5359.128 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your Brave Rewards Profile currently verified? (yes/no)

yes

What date did you connect a your Brave Rewards Profile?

??

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)

sometimes.

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?

yes

1 Like

I sent 224 brave for the same fee. That is a flat fee. Just donā€™t send a small amount. Uphold charged me 13 bat to send 100. That is worse. I am not going to stop using gemini. Genesis is the problem not them. Just donā€™t use lending to make money on crypto there. That is the feature that is suspect not the wallet.

Yup transfer fee are way to High in Gemini and uphold have even told them in 2021 but they just ignored.

BAT is an Ethereum token, thus fees are high. What I use to do is converting to XRP and transfer. Fees are much lower. Not sure if this is possible in Gemini, but it is possible in Uphold.

What do you mean with that? I never had troubles with Uphold. But basically, as mentioned above, I convert BAT to XRP and withdraw to a private wallet. Then I can swap as I wish using DeFi.

Yes, it is. And very likely will bankrupt following Genisis.

2 Likes

If gemini does go bankrupt you need to offer an option to uphold

1 Like

Good morning! Yes, I just went to try to move out my accumulated BAT this morning at Gemini and they tried to tell me the Ethereum network fee was 10 BAT ā€¦ thats why I came here to find out if we can switch custodial exchanges or to a self-custody wallet ā€¦ at the very least get the rewards system OFF the ethereum mainnet and go with a more cost effective networkā€¦ cuz if not, then its not worth it for me to keep accumulating the rewards and/or use Brave if earning will take forever because of those feesā€¦ (i am an organic user and have no downline or anything so earnings trickle in and only use Brave for the opportunity to earn some cryptoā€¦ )

2 Likes

Yes you can use Uphold instead of Gemini. Normally I convert it to XRP ledger network which has really low network fees and then transfer / cash them out.
But do that only if your region is listed at

Otherwise if you disconnect then you wonā€™t be able to connect to Uphold neither Gemini.

At the moment itā€™s not possible and even if we get to store BAT in brave wallet, there we will always have to connect a custodial Partner to be able to withdraw out of Brave.

1 Like

ā€œā€¦ custodial partnerā€¦ā€? This means - Brave wallet will ā€˜notā€™ be a custodial option. Otherwise, once itā€™s personal custody - it is free coin/token to transact on exchanges (DEX or CEX). Confusing.

OH! UPHOLD is not HONEST. They conduct trades with Counterfeit/FAKE coin and do automatic exchanges to other coin to make their transfer to customer. Example of a FAKE coin - SAND. I transferred SAND per their instructions. - UPHOLD - then, auto exchanged my SAND to ETH and transferred. BAD Faith. Bad actions. Iā€™ve also experienced UPHOLD with their selling FAKE/Counterfeit coin. When I tried to take possession they made up stories and told me I could trade/exchange to take possession of my value in fiat.

UPHOLD - VERY DISHONEST!!!

1 Like

??? ā€œorganic userā€ ???

UPHOLD Counterfeits coin. My experiences are two fold.

As for converting to XRP? Yes, can convert/exchange into other coins. But, then - that is not BAT.

ā€¦ Will just make do. Nothing Crypto is easy, straightforward and very little has the touted low fees, consistently. W3, Crypto is directly the next evolution of a money grab for the new evolution money grab. Sigh. Thanks all for reading and commenting. Fortunes, may they come. And stay.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.