Gemini Account Flagged and Never Received BAT Payment

Briefly describe your issue:

Hello, I’ve been using Brave for a around 4 months now and since the beginning I have been unable to receive any BAT payments due to my account being flagged for some reason. The automated response states it will periodically be checked to see if this flagged status can come off, but has yet to be possible. Could someone please help me unflag my account? I attached a SNIP showing this message. My Gemini account is verified.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Windows 10
Brave Version: 1.43.88

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)

Yes

What date did you verify your wallet?

Approximately 4 months ago

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

No

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)

No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?

Yes

Hey. This is caused when Brave thinks you might be doing something to get more ads than they’ve set for you, you’re using VPN which is making it to choose your rewards campaign location as somewhere else than you’re actually residing (But you are denying using a VPN so this reason might not be one) and many other reasons.

Below I’m sharing the link for Brave support, raise a ticket with them and the issue will be better handled by the team at Brave →

Also wanna point out, you’re using the wrong link to view if you’re in a supported region for verification, that link is actually showing you regions where campaigns (Brave ads) are active as of now and nothing to do with Rewards. Below im also sharing the correct link to check if youre in a supported region for verification →

Yeah, this has been discussed by Brave and they are working on changing that around. The system is supposed to go back and evaluate again ever so often, but it’s not been good at doing so. So in the future, this will actually do what it’s supposed to do on a more regular basis.

In the meanwhile, if you’ve been flagged and know you haven’t done anything wrong, then you submit a support ticket and someone from Brave will review it themselves and decide whether to unflag your account or to tell you that they aren’t going to reverse it. and just a heads up in case you’re wondering, Brave will never tell you why you were flagged. Just mentioning as a lot of people say, “I want to know what I did to trigger it.”

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.