Briefly describe your issue: My account is verified and I’ve been getting monthly rewards with no issue (except one in July), but now the payouts say they’re complete for Gemini wallets and I haven’t received the pending ~7.5 BAT I was expecting. Browser is updated to latest version. Brave Profile is flagged for some reason also.
What Operating System and Brave version are you using (
Menu --> About Brave)? Windows 10 Pro, v 1.41.96
Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no) Yes, Gemini, but it won’t let me now because of the flag.
What date did you verify your wallet? Early May.
Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? Yes, every month.
Are you using a VPN? (yes/no) No.
Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)? Yes.
Some quick examples of things that often result in flagged accounts can be:
- Using a VPN, Proxy Server, or other such thing to hide or fake your location. This is because it can be seen as you trying to bypass ad restrictions. Remember, advertisers pay so content is shown to specific regions. When you appear to be in a region you’re not, it is taking advantage of the system to see ads and receive BAT you shouldn’t be getting.
- Modifying folders. There are some things you’re encouraged to do but some people do dig deep and try modifying folders that affect your encryption key OR where Users think they can fool the system into thinking they’ve seen more ads or have more BAT in their browser than they really do. Whether intentional or accidental, messing with the wrong things will get your account flagged.
- Your setup sends mixed information to Brave. For example, maybe you’re in the United States. Your IP address shows you in California, your language is English-IN, and your time zone is correct. This will tell Brave you should see ads from India but then it sees that you’re actually in California. At this point it will think you’re trying to trick the system to see more ads and might flag you. If nothing else, it can result in you not getting BAT for ads that you do see.
- Cloning your browser. Some people have learned how to do unofficial backup & restore and have the “great idea” that they can make multiple copies of the same browser on different devices and then Verify them with a custodial wallet like Uphold or Gemini. The system recognizes this and will flag the account and prevent anything from happening. Of course, even if unintentional, creating two exact copies of the browser and encryption key will be seen as attempting to do this and will flag you. So never have two identical copies of the browser running.
- Uphold or Gemini identifies your account as fraudulent and/or there’s a violation of laws.
- Any other type of suspicious activity is recognized by the system or Brave staff.
That said, just like people, the system isn’t flawless and mistakes can happen. If you haven’t done anything wrong, you can always create a ticket
Raise a ticket here.
Then that’s the reason for being flagged.
sorry but i don’t believe that using vpn flags reward profile, i am using vpn for last one year, yes it will happen only When you use vpn during ads catalog updating ( 2,4,8,12,16,21 indian standard updating timing)
Note: To protect your account against account flagging Than go to internals than go to ads diagnostic than check second option showing ( true/false ) if showing false than refresh manually and turn off brave rewards for 24hours Do it everyday.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.