Flagged? No BAT since December and no Ads since Feb

Briefly describe your issue:
Was receiving ads regularly and connected my Brave wallet to Gemini. Had issues with verification with Gemini (for some reason I cannot receive the confirmation email, no idea why and ISP and email hosting provider cannot tell me why either). I noticed the January rewards never arrived, and then only got a few ads in Feb before they stopped completely.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Windows 10 Pro build 19043.1586
Brave Version 1.37.109 Chromium: 100.0.4896.60 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
It was but has been logged out

What date did you verify your wallet?
September 2021?

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Was receiving payments until January then it stopped

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
Not currently. Occasionally I need to use a VPN for specific purposes but not often.

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes - Australia

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
PC so this does not apply

I have read the other similar posts. Does this mean I need to turn ads off if I ever have to switch on the VPN to prevent my account from being flagged? Seems very odd, but if I can get my account unflagged and this is what I need to remember to do, then no problem. I had no clue this could cause an issue.

Hi and welcome to the community. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank-you for posting your issue using the template. So helpful! I’m just going to point out a few things to try and ask for a little more information.

You are going to have to send a DM to the moderators with your wallet payment id found at brave://rewards-internals so they can check why you haven’t received previous months payouts. It is probably because your account is flagged. If your account is flagged, you will not be able to view and/or earn rewards.

Did you receive a “flagged” message when you upgraded to Brave version 1.37.109 and tried to connect to Gemini? Did you receive any message and what was it? It is very strange if you haven’t received a message. The moderators will want to know what, if anything, is displayed when you try to connect, even if it is a “spinning circle” type display!

Things to check/do below.

1. Update to the latest version, 1.37.111
  2. Clear history/cache, exit brave, and reopen. Note, if you receive the “flagged” message when you try to connect, it worked. :wink:
  3. Make sure you have notifications on in Brave settings and have notifications on and focus assist off in Windows settings. These settings are discussed in the articles at the top of the page when you created your post, so you are probably ok with this one.
  4. Enable Custom Push Notifications at brave://flags. Again, exit Brave, and reopen. If may take a while for any ads to display after these are enabled. Give it 30min or so. However, again, if your account is flagged, you may not receive any ads.

Probably a good idea. You can use a VPN but the device and VPN locations have to match or your account can be flagged. So, if you have to change your VPN location for any reason or your VPN automatically changes your location, you will need to turn VPN off while using Brave or turn ads off while using VPN.

So, for now, try the above and if none of that works, DM the moderators with your wallet payment id and a screenshot of your rewards panel.

Mattches and Steeven are the moderators who handle most of the rewards issues.

To send a direct message (DM) to a moderator:

1. Click on their icon on the About page then select the Message button in the top right corner or
  2. You can go to your profile and create a new message in Messages.
3 Likes

then happened to me too

1 Like

I’m in a virtually identical boat to this user

1 Like

If you have had this issue for months, there is a form you can fill out to try and help the process.

Thank you.

Here comes my next dumb question, but since I cannot get Gemini to connect anymore, how do I find the “wallet payment id” so I can send it to the moderators?

Nevermind. I found it.

brave://rewards-internals

If your account has been flagged since long time, then my suggestion is that reinstall brave

I sent a DM a week ago but neither of them have seen it.

What is the typical turnaround for a response given they haven’t even viewed it in a week?

Unfortunately, there is no “typical” turnaround. You may or may not get a response and it can range from same day to weeks. I know, crazy system and really not very efficient or effective.

Are you updated to the latest Brave version? Did anything change after updating? Did you ever receive an “account flagged” message? Have you been able to connect to Gemini? Is your Gemini account verified (should display in Profile information)? Did you try any of the suggestions? Did anything change? In other words, what have you tried and is anything different in relation to your original post? Please provide an update. :smiley:

In the meantime, you can tag Mattches and/or steeven in your original DM and let them know you are still experiencing problems. Also, I would go ahead and submit a request at the link @Herrvader provided in Post #5 above. Make sure you include all the details you can and any actions you have taken to troubleshoot the issue. As with DMs, you may or may not get a response.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news… Just keep posting, following up DM to moderators every week or so, and follow-up on the request submission. That’s is about all you can do.

1 Like

Just realised that my account has been flagged. Not even sure why when I don’t get any ads popping up for MONTHS. The only ads I get are the wallpaper type. Did not use VPN.

DM your wallet id to @Mattches he fixed my flagged profile when i send him a dm yesterday

OK, I will try, thank you.

If you have been flagged and you were using a vpn, could you please do me a favor and answer the 2 questions in the link below?

1 Like

Thank you for your tip! My account is verified again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.