Estimated rewards reduced and still no rewards payout

Hi Brave people!

I’ve been collecting a certain amount of BAT since my last rewards payout. (early May).
The amount of rewards collected but not paid out was about 6.5 BAT.

I was unfortunately left out of both the early July and early June payouts.
It is still not clear to me why.

So far, I have not received any support for my inquiries in this forum, which I find a pity.

I would like to try again in this case to get help why the amount of estimated payment was reduced (to 1,890 BAT), what I can do in this case and if I can somehow expect to be considered again in the upcoming payment in early August.

Overall, I think Brave and BAT are great in principle.
However, it is getting tiring and demotivating not to get closer to the goal of having 15 BAT for a simple verification. Due to missing payouts or, as now, (arbitrarily? incorrectly?) reduced amounts of BAT, and no answer to my questions.

Anyway, maybe there is someone, even outside the Brave team, who can give me tips on how to adjust something. Or who can at least shed some light on what the background of my problems might be. Anyway, I’m pretty much in the dark and would appreciate helpful explanations.

1 Like

What type of device are you using? And have you confirmed that you have turned OFF auto-contribute in every device that you’re using Brave on? (The default for auto-contribute is ON.)

The device affected by the problems is a Surface Pro 6.
On my cell phone, through which I also use the browser and collect BAT, I have none of the problems mentioned.

And you have auto-contribute turned OFF in both devices?

Yes, I disabled the option on both devices right when I started using Brave.
To be on the safe side, I just checked the monthly transaction histories. I have not made any automatic or monthly contributions, nor have I distributed any tips.

Do you see the message on your Brave Rewards page that shows how much you will be receiving in the August payout? Does it reflect the missing BAT from June and July?

The same thing happened to me as well.
Last I checked, my pending payout was around 3-5 BAT (haven’t been checking lately. Don’t remember the exact amount)
Now today it said 0.6825 BAT arriving

That’s even less than a quarter of what I was supposed to get.

Thanks for reaching out. Please see this post which explains the recent update to our ‘Estimated Pending Rewards’ - Update: New and improved “Estimated pending rewards” (Brave Ads earnings) counter coming in v1.27.

@steeven The question remains, what if people didn’t receive rewards in previous months? Are those just gone permanently?

Unfortunately, I do not see this notification on the page. There is no indication that I will soon be paid BAT and the counter has now also been reset to zero at the beginning of August. It is also interesting that the next payment date mentioned here is already September 8. August seems to have been skipped.

So there is no collected amount shown to me anywhere that includes the 6.5 collected BAT from June/ July. Or any BAT in general.

What version of Brave are you using? It sounds as though you don’t have the most recent update.

I use version 1.27.109. In the following I just copy the info from the browser info itself:

Version 1.27.109 Chromium: 92.0.4515.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)

According to the browser info above, I’m up to date.

Then I’m curious as to why you’re not seeing the payment notification (“X.XXX BAT arriving in 6 days”) on your brave://rewards page. Also, as I understand it, the display glitch that puts the apparent “next payment date” a month ahead of where it should be was fixed in the latest version.

What type of device are you using?

That is also a point that I do not understand.
Although Brave is up to date on my computer, I don’t get a notification about XYZ BAT on dd.mm.yyyy. On my phone, however, which also has this Brave version installed, I do see this notification.
My girlfriend, who also has the latest Brave version on her phone and computer, sees the notification on both devices.

My device affected by the problem is a Microsoft Surface Pro 6.
Attached are screenshots I took of the respective pages.

That’s strange! @chriscat

Now, is there anything I can do on my part - for example, provide certain information to support?
So the situation is not satisfactory overall. There seem to be no clues as to what the problem may be to begin with.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.