Change white page on startup

Changing the Brave startup would be very nice. Whenever it starts up it’s completely white and just hurts my eyes, especially at night. Gray would suit it better, or have it be accustomed to the theme of the user’s Windows.

brave://settings/newTab then New Tab Shows.

1 Like

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Had this problem for months and I finally registered here to ask about it.

Above solution doesn’t work, or I don’t know how to do it.

But while messing with settings just now, I managed to “improve” the white flash from about a second to just a fraction of a second upon starting Brave. It’s still very visible and a bit annoying.

The thing that improved it for me was to remove the “Theme” setting I had (brave://settings/appearance).

Btw there are other Windows programs doing these white flashes at startup also. On a few occations Windows Explorer for example starts slowly for whatever reason (Windows is on an M.2 nvme ssd btw). Actually it shows a white page in a split-second every time, but usually only a very, very short flash. Not ideal, I guess I’ve just given up on it. I think it’s “baked into” / hardcoded into Windows by default (I fear there may be no real solution to this, unless MicroSoft fixes it. Idk, just guessing).