HELP! Brave startup in blank/white screen and it's frustrating

This issue has occured yesterday (after i cleared the cache of brave’s localappdata) and it’s back! It shows only the white screen without it’s search bar, tab, and settings. When i close (not exit) and open it, it just turns black. This dumb issue didn’t happen long ago for me.

Additional Info:

• The --disable-gpu in both target shortcut and window search bar didnt work though, i expect that disabling hardware acceleration won’t work either.

• Installing (without uninstall) it again didn’t work, still on the white screen.

• Deleting the Brave’s localappdata folder worked, however like i said at the start it’s back and i don’t want to risk deleting it again due to history being gone.

• Private Tab doesn’t work either

• CHROME does the same thing, just white screen without the tabs and settings. However, Firefox and Opera works fine.

All i did was to close brave, and i have FL Studio running. Restarting the PC didn’t work though.

2 Likes

Hello @rorutop

Thank you for reaching out and I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. Try disabling your extensions to see if this is the cause of the issue.

1. On your computer, open Brave.
  2. At the top right, click Menu → More tools → Extensions.
  3. On to the extension you want to remove, click Remove.
  4. Confirm by clicking Remove.

Let me know if that works.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s an extension problem. I’ve tried to reset Google chrome appdata and later when opening again it white screens.

This now happens when i closed brave then open it again, it whites screen. However restarting the computer have 50% chance of not having a white screen on Brave now. Still, it’s stressful.

I noticed one of my mom’s laptop, Google chrome doesn’t seem to be having a white screen. I thought it’s a device problem?

1 Like

Hey there rorutop, do enough on a computer and it starts to distrust you.

That’s what me would say but I’m not anybody who understands.

Don’t worry first off, it’s all on the mend. Maybe not from me but the compooter experts are super expert and sometimes sound like bots but bots r probably nice enough too

Constant association with gentle forces breeds a virtuous AI

-good ol me who didn’t sleep take care

Yeahh, i don’t know hell is happening when i do longer enough on my computer. Anybody found a solution yet?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.