Brave Rewards unable to link Gemini or Uphold Account

Hello, I have a verified Uphold and Gemini account. I tried to link the Uphold account to Brave, and I got an email saying the link had been established. However, Brave gives me the error: “You need a verified account to log in.” My account is verified. The same thing happens when I link to Gemini. Though, both services gave me an email saying that the connection was successful. What is happening here? I have a lot of BAT in my Desktop account and all that Basic Attention that I supplied is essentially meaningless. I would like to keep supporting the project, but as a lot of posts go unanswered in these forums I see myself having to lose my BAT and stop using Brave altogether, as I’ve already discontinued mobile use. Please help me if you can.

Version 1.41.96 Chromium: 103.0.5060.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? Yes, through Uphold, but I cannot get the browser to log in.

What date did you verify your wallet? I verified on Uphold on 7/1/2022.

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? Yes

Are you using a VPN? No

Are you in a supported region? Yes, the United States.

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)? Not an Android device.

Have you fully completed Uphold’s CDD requirements? Yes.

Hi @SupremeAnu thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Just to confirm, have you completed all required information in your Uphold account to be considered fully verified?
Sometimes a missing field like your address can interrupt the connection to Brave Rewards and return that error message.
If you have not done so yet, I would recommend to reach out to Uphold Support for confirmation if there is any information that is missing or has to be updated.

Feel free to submit the information surrounding your issue to our Rewards Support form and include the link to this post. From there we can provide further assistance and investigate your case.

Thank you!

@Salty Banana,

Thank you for your response! I have followed all of Uphold’s steps. I will reach out to Uphold support to confirm that everything is correct. If it is, I will fill out your support form.

Thanks again for your help!

They will tell you it’s fine. Just to advise, the issue comes down to your Profile of your Uphold account. Uphold has their own verification purpose and that’s all they’ll consider. The message you’re seeing is one that shows when people have not put in all of their information. This would be your complete mailing address, social security number (or equivalent), date of birth, etc. If it’s not 100% detailed and accurate, then Brave will see it as if your account is not valid when you try to connect, even though Uphold will show Verified and that you’re fine.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.