Cannot log in to website, tried all steps in other posts

Cannot log in to website ( with Brave Version 0.58.18 on Windows 10 (all latest updates). Website log-in works in all other known browsers. Suspecting a cookie-related problem

To reproduce:
Disabled shields (grey icon), set ‘Allow all cookies’ from Settings. Script blocking is disabled, HTTPS Everywhere is enabled (website is fully HTTPS-compliant), Fingerprinting protection set to Block 3rd party.

Attempted logging in using the website’s top-menu and the full-page login form.

Actual Result:
Appearance-wise, the page simply reloads with no error message.
But in viewing the network console with logging preservation, I can see the data is submitting and the website is correctly redirecting to its “Login Successful” page. However, that “Login Successful” page is not detecting the cookie for some reason and is assuming unauthorized page access, therefore redirecting back to the login page.

Expected result:
For the saved login cookie to be recognized by the website as it does with other tested browsers.

Brave Version(about:brave):
Version 0.58.18 Chromium: 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Latest release as of this message.

Additional Information:
This is a fresh install of Brave, however I did do a full Import of everything from Firefox – which included everything for this website in question. I have tried logging in to about 3 or 4 other websites with imported data and they were all successful. It is just this one that isn’t working.

I would be happy to wipe all browser data and try it again cleanly if that would be helpful.

I was able to login to the site without issue. Seems strange that it’s only for this one site.
Try the following:

  1. In Brave, navigate to Settings --> Brave Shields Defaults
  2. Set the Cookie Control setting to Allow all cookies
  3. Visit and attempt to login

You should be able to login now. Once that’s done, go ahead and reset your Global and site-level Shields settings to the desired configuration. If successful, you should now be able to login to the site with Shields up/configured as you please without issue.

Let me know if this works for you.

Unfortunately that did not work. There was still a problem with the cookie.
As mentioned before, I did an import of all browser data from Firefox (also latest version, installed just an hour before installing Brave) and I wasn’t sure if something got corrupt somewhere along the way.

So after trying your suggestion, I decided to Clear browsing data and completely erased everything.

Then I went back to the problematic website and was successfully able to log in this time.

I’m not sure what specifically got imported that was preventing the cookie from being overwritten/saved/loaded/etc. properly but Clearing the cache/browser data resolved it.

1 Like

Glad to hear you got it working. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have additional questions.