Brave Shields is preventing me from login to some sites

Lately I had some problems with the login on some websites (eg. XING). I got a message “Login not possible” or it stopped loading. I thought it was a problem with the websites or I entered the wrong password but I tried it in different browsers without an AdBlocker and the login was possible. I deleted all cookies in Brave but this wasn’t helpful as well. Then I tried to disable Brave Shields for the websites and the login was successful.

I have the default Shield settings to some new updates of the Shields must have caused the problem?

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off? Yes.
Does the site work as expected when using Chrome? Yes
Brave version: Version 1.23.71 Chromium: 90.0.4430.72

1 Like

Hey @knatter

Thanks for the report, just created a login for Xing to test. Was able to login without issue. Cleared cookies also.

Can you test in a private mode?

My testing:

1 Like

Hi! Thank you for your reply.

I just tested the login in private mode but I have the same issue.

I just tried to deactivate some settings under “Security” in Brave settings. I found out it is not an issue with the blocking lists/cookies etc. The setting “Fingerprinting blocking” is causing the problem. My setting was “Standard” and when I set it to “Deactivated” I can login.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.