Cannot block autoplay on youtube using site setttings - really?

Description of the issue:

I goto youtube.com, then click on site settings and try to block autoplay.
The option is there, and lets me select ‘block’, but then it toggles immediately back to ‘autoplay’,

Seriously, really? I have sessions saved, when I launch, I don’t want it blasting youtube videos and getting into autoplay mode sucking bandwidth, I’m on a limited plan.

Please fix this friggen fools. You are aware of this if you use brave at all.

Did Google pay you to reduce the security of the Brave browser corrupt poop heads.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. goto youtube.com
  2. goto site settings
  3. try to disable autoplay

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:
I WOULD LIKE TO DISABLE AUTOPLAY WITH YOUTUBE

Reproduces how often:
ALWAYS

Brave Version(about:brave):
Version 0.67.125 Chromium: 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
yes

Additional Information:
you all suck, I’m can’t believe I’m having to spend time out of my work day to do this, I could be billing hours.

1 Like

I think this is google fucking with chromium @mattches @alex @cory @dan_brave please look into this. I tried it myself on nightly, Beta, Dev and release(0.68), same result

@Dgenies,
Sure, we’ll look into the issue. But next time you see someone with this type of disposition, don’t bother responding and ping me personally instead. @devlocalca’s post was incredibly insulting and rude.

Can you imagine going up to someone in person, yelling at them – calling them fools, telling them they suck, and (my favorite) that they’re poop heads – and then ultimately requesting something from that friend? Is that how we treat people?

:point_up:
You didn’t have to write that. Nobody made you write your post – definitely nobody here. I’m going to close this thread due to the general negative tone that was set – @devlocalca, if you’d like this or any other issue looked at or addressed, please post a new topic, try adhering a bit closer to the code of conduct this time and I’d be happy to assist you.

1 Like