Browser apparently does not support web sites that use Digest Authentication

When attempting to access a web site that’s configured to use Digest Authentication, the browser repeatedly prompts for credentials and never gains access to the site.

Hi, I really don’t understand the issue and there isn’t much detail for me to research for myself, but I have a few questions I couldn’t resist asking. Hope you don’t mind and hopefully someone who knows what the heck you are talking about responds. lol

1. Since Brave is chromium based, are you saying that other chromium based browsers work and it is only Brave that doesn’t? If yes, what browser have you used that successfully accomplishes the action you are attempting?
  2. How are you attempting to access the web site? e.g. are you typing in the url, using a bookmark link, running a program? How?
  3. Have you whitelisted the site in browser settings?
  4. Are you using the latest version of the browser? Current version is 1.35.103.

I did find this link that I think is related The Chromium Projects. The only thing I got from it was question #3 above. :laughing: Well, not really true but I found it an interesting read and thought it may help troubleshoot your problem.

Please feel free to ignore me! I know this doesn’t help with your problem, but like I said, couldn’t resist asking! :smiley:

P.S. What operating system are you using?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.