Wasting hours trying to open a site that won't work in Brave

I have learned the hard way after spending a frustrating hour or longer trying to open a site in Brave that will not accept my password, going to the contact for that site, not getting the help I need, referring the problem to a relative, who informs me I should go to my old browser, which I do, and am finally able to open the site!!! So frustrating.

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

2 Likes

@Margaret,
I would be very happy to assist you here, but you’ll have to provide some additional information:

• Can you tell me what Operating system and Brave version you’re using (to find your Brave version, go to Menu --> About Brave)?
  • Can you tell me the site that you’re unable to open so I can take a look and test on my end?
    • Further, can you tell me what happens on your end when you try to visit/open the site?
1 Like

Thank you for trying to help me, but I really don’t want to spend more time on this issue. I figured out that I cannot open certain sites using the passwords for those sites using my new Brave browser. Instead, I have to go back to my original Google chrome browser to open them. There are just a few, so that is okay with me. , My frustration was really with myself; that I forgot the frustration I encountered with this a month ago and went through it all again today with another problem site. NOW I think I’ll remember what I have to do.

Thanks again,
Margaret

@Margaret,
While I do understand, it would be very useful to Brave and other users if we get information on those sites so that – should there be a real issue/conflict between Brave and the site – we can root out the issue and apply a fix.

If the site is working for you in Chrome, it should work the same in Brave. Since it’s not, there is likely some Brave-specific feature or setting causing the behavior. Please let me know if you’d be willing to do some basic troubleshooting surrounding the issue to help us make our browser better.

If not, that’s perfectly fine. Just let me know and I will close out this thread.

Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you; I understand. Unfortunately, I can’t remember the site I had a problem with about a month ago. The one today involved my local Fred Meyer Store, which is actually owned by The Kroger Company, but I googled “Fred Meyer”, and it opened at www.fredmeyer.com, which is where I encountered the problem getting my password accepted when I tried to sign into my Fred Meyer account.

I know you need for more info, but I am waking up very early tomorrow to go out of town, so will have to wait until the next day to complete this unless you don’t wish to pursue the issue further given it deals with my local grocery store.

Thank you,
Margaret

1 Like

Hello,

I remember now the other site I had trouble with. It was Vudu, the watch movies site. I paid for a rental, but received an alert, I believe from Brave, stating something about not having the capability to properly show the movie (can’t remember exact words) had to switch over to Chrome. The same situation occurred when I rented another movie.

Otherwise, I do want to mention how happy I am since switching over to Brave. I think it is overall a very successful browser.

Thanks again,
Margaret

1 Like

Hey @Margaret , Is vudu playback on Brave okay?

1 Like

Have also implemented a possible fix for http://www.fredmeyer.com/ Which maybe related to some tracking/fingerprinting by the site, give it 24-48hrs. Let me know if it helps. Are you using a VPN (and does disabling it help)

I’m sorry, but I won’t know until I watch another video; I don’t watch regularly.

Thank you,
Margaret

I tried logging into Fred Meyer again today, but unfortunately, received this same message:
“We’re sorry, an unexpected error occurred during your sign-in attempt. Please try signing in again.”

Thank you again,
Margaret

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.