Brave not letting me save any files outside of the Downloads folder

Hello, I have been using the Brave Browser for 3 days, and I have realized that even though I have the selection for the browser to ask me where to save the file each time, it refuses to save any file outside of Desktop or the Downloads library (get an error message if I try to save in other folders).

I don’t know why this is happening and if this is an isolated incident but I would appreciate any help, since I tested it with other browsers with the same file I’m trying to save, and I had no issues saving it in whatever folder dictated.

Edit: Downloading any music files is also restricted to the Downloads folder. It seems only text files are okay to save outside of this folder.

1 Like

Hello there @pojfo please accept my apologies for this issue. Please provide the following information in order to investigate further:

1. Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
  2. Additional Information such as screenshots of the error, etc.

Be waiting for your response.

Hello Kevin,

I am using Version 1.47.186 Chromium: 109.0.5414.119 (Official Build) (64-bit)

And here is a screenshot of the error I received when trying to save a random file. I have thus far tested and I am able to save it to my desktop and Downloads library, and that’s it. I tried to save this file to a subfolder in Pictures and it wouldn’t save.

I tested it and I am able to save this exact same file in Downloads and Desktop.

1 Like

@pojfo are you able to download files to that subfolder if you complete the download on another chromium based browser (Chrome, Edge, etc.)? If you are able to do so, please let me know.

Yes, I am able to do that on Edge and Chrome.

1 Like

@pojfo thanks for your response, on this case try installing the Beta or Nightly version of Brave to see if the issue persists on those versions.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.