Brave browser on mac doesn't let me create and save new folders

hello! i’ve had a similar problem with this user. i can’t seem to create new folders from Brave whenever I download files from different websites.

I’ve tried saving using different Mac apps, but this function works fine.

for context:

1. OS: Sonoma 14.1
  2. Brave Version:
    Version 1.60.114 Chromium: 119.0.6045.124 (Official Build) (arm64)

this is what happens when I attempt to create a new folder via Brave:

thanks in advance for the help.

hi @Mattches hope you can help :slight_smile: thank you so much

Same problem here. Mac Book Pro m1. Mac Os Ventura 13.0.1. When I try to create a new folder, the navigation area becomes grey. It started about a week ago. I have been using Brave for years now with no issues. I need to press ESC to go back. I hope theres a solution.

1 Like

So basically you both see this grayed out/darkened browser/window after clicking on New folder? What I think is happening here is that the New Folder dialog box (where you actually click Create to make the folder) is appearing behind the browser window.

I know I’ve seen this issue before, please give me a moment to see if I can dig up the issue and see if there is a known fix. In the meantime you can try to confirm this by moving the browser window around/minimizing it, maybe have it only take up half the screen and then initiate a download and see if you can spot it appearing?

1 Like

Thanks, @Mattches. I didn’t set Brave on full screen, and it’s now working fine.

1 Like

Hi, I wanted to add that I’ve been experiencing this same issue where the navigation area becomes grey and I’m unable to create a new folder if the browser is full screen. Setting the browser so that it’s not full screen also fixes the issue.

1. OS: MBP M1 Ventura 13.5
  2. Brave Version: Version 1.60.118 Chromium: 119.0.6045.163 (Official Build) (arm64)
2 Likes

Thank you both for confirming. Will file an issue for this for the devs to review.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.