Brave not connecting to Uphold. Receiving the following error message: We weren’t able to complete your request. Please try again, and contact support if the problem persists

I have been connected to Uphold with Brave for months with no connectivity issues. A few days ago Uphold was having access issues and now that’s been resolved on the mobile app so I’m able to access my account. However, Brave still won’t allow the connections to see my rewards balance. Windows 11 Home

We weren’t able to complete your request. Please try again, and contact support if the problem persists.

Thanks for that @cse63. Earlier people were getting things like Region not supported or Limited Uphold account functionality, among other things. So it’s helpful to have more details. The particular error you’re getting is a bit more annoying as is a lot of possibilities.

Which OS are you using and which version of Brave? (often has been fixed via updating, but not sure if that’s going to be an issue for you)

Also might need to encourage you to create a Rewards Support Ticket at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001302431 just so someone from Brave can look at your account and make sure it’s not an account related issue.

I included the OS in the original post…Windows 11 Home

1 Like

Version 1.64.113 Chromium: 123.0.6312.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

Let me tag @Evan123 and @steeven just to see if they has any ideas whether there might be known issues or what they might suggest.

The issue just occurred this week and might still be related to Uphold’s previous access issues. I was unable to access Uphold for over a day until they apparently fixed it. That’s why I was throwing this issue out here. I entered my user id/PW…entered the 6 digit security code, it almost connected then gave me the previously listed message. Note my VPN is disabled.

I know I’m still connected on Uphold and have no issues, but that doesn’t always mean anything. Sometimes in the past people received this notice when they had been flagged, in others it was because of changes in regional availability, other times was just issues in API or whatever, etc. It’s why I said it’s one of the more annoying messages.

I see someone clicked on support ticket link, hopefully was you. The support ticket is the 100% guaranteed way to get someone from Brave to take a look at things, but roll of the dice is always on how quickly.

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: PSA: Uphold connectivity issues…again (aggregate topic)

Actually I was wondering the same thing. Why Brave doesn’t use it’s own wallet is beyond me. Besides, they previously forced me to use Gemini then after months with no issues was forced to switch to Uphold. It’s beyond frustrating and the fact that BAT isn’t worth much as a reward for using Brave makes me consider just throwing up my hands and going back to Vivaldi.

2 Likes

Closing topic as created aggregate one over at PSA: Uphold connectivity issues....again (aggregate topic)

@cse63 and others, it’s now been said to be a known issue and they are working to resolve.

It’s coming.

We have a trial going on. First on chain payouts will be sent during April. Then they are gradually adding. I think they said hoping to make available to everyone by the end of Q2, but we’ll see how it goes.

1 Like