Brave loading slow but making windows don t respond to commands too

Hello everyone! a while ago brave started to load so slow and whenever i open it or close or make a new tab it loads so slow but that s not it, i find so strange that before it gets back to normal i can t do anything on desktop or any other apps. I only get this on brave…

I can’t give an answer to your question Antonio, but I do welcome you to the Brave Community.

1 Like

Hello @Antonio29, thank you for reaching us out. What kind of device and OS do you use? Have you tried clearing cookies and cache recently? Do you use extensions? If so, try removing all of them or one by one to see which one might be causing the issue. Regards.

1 Like

Hello, so im using WIN10 PRO, i have no extensions i just reinstalled the browser without deleting the data and the issue still persists. I want to mention that this problem occured after i installed a motherboard(gigabyte) driver but i don t think that has to do with it.
If i delete the cache and/or cookies won t this remove all the data? Can i save it then import it again?
and btw im using desktop pc

Hello @Antonio29, thank you for replying. Can you try disabling the following setting to see if that resolves the issue You’ll find this in Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration Let us know if that helps. Regards.

Same with it on or off

Additionally can you, going to brave://flags > Search 'Vulkan' > Disable Vulkan > Retest Let us know if that helps. Regards.

Nope, still the same…

Deleting cache will not delete any personal data. Just make sure when you are in settings, go to clear browsing data, advanced, and uncheck everything except cached images and files. You can select a time range too.

I did this still the same and I selected all time

You could try to reset settings. It will disable extensions, and reset brave to the default settings which might help. P.S. it won’t delete any browsing history, bookmarks, etc. just cookie and cache which will sign you out of most sites.

I didn t want to do that but it s the last option, let me try

Ok so i did it and it still doesn t work…

I would suggest reinstalling. But there isn’t a way to export your data.

What can be the important data?

Bookmarks, History, Passwords, Etc. Although, when you go to uninstall Brave, it does ask to delete data, leave that unchecked and your data should be preserved.

I did with it unchecked and still the same now I’m configuring after full reinstall

yea it s clearly a stranger problem than I thought because the problem still persists after full reinstall slbut why only brave wtf

What version are you on? Also, what are your PC specs?

(post deleted by author)