Description of the issue:
I’ve been using Brave since is came out and was very happy until in recent days the pages started loading very slowly, 20+ seconds, it started bout the same time Brave started pushing ads, but I’m sure that’s coincidental!
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
I reinstalled Brave a couple of days ago and it was fine for a day or so, then the slowness started again, so I thought I’d try clearing the cache this time instead of a full reinstallation. I searched settings for “cache” but it did not show any results:( I finally found the well-hidden setting to do it, but it made no difference, even after restarting the browser. I began to suspect that the browser was being hijacked by some bitcoin miner in central Asia, but scans by 2 malware checkers were negative, the computer also has live Malwarebytes. I also disabled all Brave extensions except Widevine, but it made no difference.
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Reproduces how often:
always except immediately after a fresh reinstall
Operating System and Brave Version(See the
About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10 1803 Build 17134.1304