My Brave browser, is so slow. In comparison to the rest of my Laptop functioning normally

In comparison to the rest of my computer, Braves frame rate and load rate, has decreased tremendously compared to when I first installed it, around 2 weeks ago. I want to keep using Brave, but its getting too hard. Help?

What version of Windows are you on?

What version of Brave is it?

Is any antivirus or other security software (besides MS Defender) installed?

Do you have any extensions installed/enabled? If so, does it still happen with them all disabled?

Is Hardware Acceleration enabled in Settings? (“Use hardware acceleration when available”) You could try toggling that setting and then re-launch Brave, does anything change?

Is anything set in brave://flags ? (Anything with a non-default setting will be sorted to the top, and will have a blue dot next to it.)

Hi

Try these

1. Disable extensions @ brave://extensions/
  2. Clear cache @ brave://settings/clearBrowserData
  3. Disable hardware acceleration @ brave://settings/system
  4. Hold Windows button+R, enter cmd, then enter Ipconfig /flushdns
  5. Restart device

I am running the same extensions as on chrome, but brave is way slower…

If you are looking for help maybe provide some feedback on the questions asked earlier.

Behavior w/ Shields Up vs. Down, as well as contents of brave://adblock might help also.

For anyone encounter this, all of @CerealLover and @JimB1 's suggestions should be tested. It is also quite helpful to know what OS (Win 10? 11?) and Brave version you’re seeing this on.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.