Brave has been unusable since upgrade

Recently did an upgrade and immediately I noticed that it started using more RAM than usual, crashes sometimes when it plays flash videos, also crashes with I try to open a new tab.

The next morning, it’s pretty much unusable. No tabs will load (even the ones that were previously loaded on existing tabs). Can’t even open brave://settings/. Just says Page Unresponsive. I’ve resorted to using Microsoft Edge posting this :frowning:

I’m running windows 10 and I wish I can tell you what browser version I’m using but I can’t open up settings.

Can somebody help? Thanks!

Hey. Do check out if the topic below helps →

I’m having the exact same problem. Brave is completely useless right now. :-/

Certainly is not an issue with Brave alone, and certainly is not an issue with Windows 10 alone. Because, me and other users, are still able to use both without troubles.

It would be great to be able to identify what is actually causing this. Maybe more information about other potential SW would help. Extensions? Antivirus? Firewall? Installed versions (Win10 and Brave)? Graphical card? Brave configurations?

One well known configuration that affects performance in Win 10 is hardware acceleration. Try to deactivate it in Settings > System.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.