Brave Browser Standalone for Win7 Pro re-install after constant crashes; error 0x0000139 loved the browser. please HELP. crashes due to trying to open history pages

I was trying to load group of pages from history that was not listing when browser crashed, I tried repeatedly to open it and it kept crashing almost immediately.
I tried to re install but all it would do was say no new updates
I went looking for installer but nothing worked
I went to control panel to find a repair but it only had uninstall so I uninstalled because TASK MANAGER SHOWED BRAVE OPENING SEVERAL INSTANCES OF PAGES BEFORE IT CRASHED.
I found Brave Browser stand alone for windows 7 and tried installing but it keeps getting error 0x0000139 with no explanation
I tried searching for the error but got nothing I could make sense of
I then signed up to seek help because I am not good at troubleshooting browsers.
I DID NOT UNINSTALL BROWSER DATA BECAUSE i WASN’T SURE i COULD SET IT UP AGAIN.

@csgreen How to install Brave on Windows 7 and 8

In regards to crashing, might be related to Brave does not launches, even after deleting User Data - #88 by szilardszaloki if you can check it out. Not sure if it’s the same issue you’re having but know it had been a recent problem for everyone with Windows 7 and 8.
The part with line through above can be ignored now as that problem was fixed on the back end. But I still want you to click on the link that speaks about how to install on Windows 7. I want to make sure this is where you have been grabbing things from. Other important thing is you’re grabbing the right one. If you choose the one not made for your iteration of Windows, it won’t work. You have to know if yours is 32, 64, or ARM.

Are you saying I can’t reinstall unless I delete entire folder???

Since I couldn’t find an installation to install, I restored it; it will not load at all now. So how do I troubleshoot the problem or get it to load?

I guess I could try renaming the data folder . . . would hate to delete it

Is there a reason why you did not click on the link I gave and install from there? It tells you exactly where to download and install. You’ve been saying all sorts of other things about deleting files, not finding an installation, and renaming data.

I know you mentioned finding a standalone but you never said from where or anything. My concern is you grabbed one not appropriate for your device. This is why I’d like to make sure you notice what I say about which of the files to get and then to grab it directly from Brave’s Github.

I did not realize it was a link; having trouble understanding the posting here. I found a debug file after restoring all entries for today. I will go back and see what I missed.

Found them now and downloaded them in case I need to start over. Thank you so much for that.

I guess there is no repair files. KNOW NOTHING ABOUT what I need to do; can build a computer, but software is a miss for me.
I do appreciate anything you can do to guide me.

O downloaded all 3 and saved but am pretty sure I don’t have the one with the ARM architecrure . . .

sp what do I do now? should I uninstall Brave and the data files and just start over?

Preferences file: see a lot of '{“day” ; lines but no {“today”

I have saved links that I use for quicker, but I just visited what I linked you to and can at least paste that over to save a step. But you’ll need to travel to the Github for the file. There are a bunch of files to install, so it’s vital to pay attention to which standalone based on what I speak on:

Installing Brave on Windows 7 or 8

You can’t install Brave from the main site because it only provides the newest versions, which no longer support Windows 7 or 8. Instead, you’ll need to download the last compatible version from GitHub: https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/releases/tag/v1.47.186

To choose the right installer:

1. Use BraveBrowserStandaloneSetup.exe for Windows 64-bit.
  2. Use BraveBrowserStandaloneSetup32.exe for Windows 32-bit.
  3. Use BraveBrowserStandaloneSetupArm64.exe if you’re on ARM 64 architecture.

I do not think it is ARM; it could be 32 or 64