Brave ads how can I get them if I'm not getting them hourly

Some days I get tons of ads other days i do not . What can I do when this happens? Today I accidentally click it the wrong way and lost the notification to take me to the brave ad. When this happens can i do something to get it back.? I tried going to notifications to get it from there it shows the website but it does not give me anything to click on to take me to the ad.

2 Likes

That behavior is normal.

The ads are paid even if you don’t click on them

2 Likes

That’s what Devs have said numerous times, but that’s not the case.

2 Likes

In my side that is the case. On your side, how do you know you have to click on them? Do you go to brave://rewards when the ad appears, to see if the estimated pending rewards value changed or you go to see after clicking the ad?

1 Like

For each ad, Brave logs what do you with ads (if you click on them, if you just watch them, if you close them) and how much you get for each ad.

As an example, something like 20 seconds after posting my first reply I got an ad. I clicked on it. The amount on the Brave Rewards page did not move. I checked Brave logs: ad was logged as clicked with a payout of 0. I’ve seen Brave behave like this hundreds of times.

1 Like

@talgeeze (great name),
Can you confirm for me that when you say the “Rewards page” that you’re referring to the Estimated pending rewards, not the amount of BAT in your wallet?

1 Like

Yes brave://rewards/. I know that counter is not reliable, so I don’t use it to estimate my earnings anyway.

1 Like

@talgeeze,
Right – but what I’m saying is that the number here does not update in real time – that is, “as ads are viewed/served”:

This number only updates when you are paid out. The Estimated pending rewards on the other hand should be increasing “in real time”. I’m simply trying to ensure that you are monitoring the correct numbers.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m always referring to “Estimated Pending Rewards” (I’ve been using Brave for ~ 2 years) but it does not always update as it should. As an example earlier I had an ad pop up that I clicked on, the page opened. The “Ads received this month” increased by 1 but the Estimated pending rewards remained unchanged.
Then when I checked the log files (ads_service\confirmations.json) I got confirmation the ad was worth 0:
2021-03-24-235943-Code

1 Like

brave doesn’t pay you for click on ads. I think you se that because the browser register everything you do with ads, I can see “confirmation_type”: “upvote” in my confirmations.json and as expected it pays 0

but there is a simple way you can prove your point. do a search in your confirmations.json code, with this “click”,“estimated_redemption_value”:0.0 and show us one that give you more than 0.0 (0.01-0.025 are the most common in may case)

1 Like

1 Like

when i had an ad pop up that I clicked on,
the page opened. The “Ads received this month”
increased by 1 but the Estimated pending rewards
remained unchanged.
Then when I checked the log files
(ads_service\confirmations.json) I got confirmation
the ad was worth 0:
“confirmation_type”:“view”,“estimated_redemption_value”:0.0,“timestamp_in_seconds”:“1605611042”},
{“confirmation_type”:“dismiss”,“estimated_redemption_value”:0.0,“timestamp_in_seconds”:“1605611053”
“confirmation_type”:“click”,“estimated_redemption_value”:0.0,“timestamp_in_seconds”:“1605525582”}

I cant see ads on my computer
It was working on the feb 21 before.
Just stopped and wonder if it was tied
to the latest updates.

Chromium: 88.0.4324.152 (Official Build) (64-bit)
win 7

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.