Always dropping frames when viewing Twitch streamers

When watching any twitch streamer, I can see in the advanced tap that the dropped frames keep going up every second.
Also the stream delay is higher than it should be.

With these two problems its not enjoyable to watch streams on Twitch,
I definitely notice the frames dropping, and the delay makes it hard to communicate with the streamer.

I didn’t notice this problem before. (about 2 weeks ago)

When using a different browser like Firefox I have no problems.

(I am connected with a network cable,
Ping : 13
Down : 250 mbps
Up : 25 mbps)

Site : Twitch.tv

Yes, default shield settings

Doesn’t make a difference when shields are turned on or off.

No specific shield configuration.

When using Chrome I have close to zero stream delay with the frames still dropping but not as much as in Brave.

Brave version : [Versie 1.11.101 Chromium: 84.0.4147.89 (Officiële build) (64-bits)]

@jobie,
Can you try opening the Shields panel on Twitch and setting the Fingerprinting option to Allow all... and see if you get better results?

1 Like

oh wow, thank you very much Mattches!
didn’t expect the solution to be this easy.
I don’t see any frames dropping anymore,
but what does it the fingerprint option do?

2 Likes

You can learn more about Brave Shield here https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001053072-Shields @jobie

1 Like

Unfortunately, the problem is back.
didn’t change anything,
tried to turn the ‘fingerprinting’ on/off but nothing changed.

@jobie,
A couple more suggestions:

1. Do you have Hardware Acceleration disabled? If not, can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?
    You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration
  2. Do you have any extensions installed in the browser at this time? If so, can you try disabling them to see if this changes the behavior at all?
1 Like

It feels so random,
when I turn Hardware Acceleration off it didn’t change much.
I have multiple twitch extensions installed, I disabled some and I saw a slight difference.
It became less and I don’t have as many dropped frames as before so I’m happy for now.
thanks again for the help!

@jobie,
You’re very welcome. If you’d like to help us isolate the issue, try disabling all your extensions, then re-enabling them one at a time and watch a stream. See if the frame drops spike after enabling a certain extension.

Even with all extensions disabled the frames still keep dropping.
Even with or without hardware acceleration the frames still keep dropping.
(I don’t think its because of the extensions)

I don’t know what it could be.
would like to fix it so I don’t have to use a different browser every time I want to watch twitch.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.