3 (or 4?) wallet limit on two-way wallet for BAT withdrawal to Uphold

Hello. I am following up on my February 18, 2020, post:

In the “MEGATHREAD: July 5th, 2020 Brave Ads Payout Support” post here:

…you perhaps allude to an increase in the 3-wallet limit to a new 4-wallet limit when you say:

1. If you have a verified wallet , have you ever connected your Uphold account to 4 or more different devices in your lifetime? This includes previous installations of Brave, Brave on different platforms, as well as Brave-Beta, Brave-Dev and Brave-Nightly versions.

Has the 3-wallet limit been increased to a 4-wallet limit?

On February 18, 2020, @asad said, “the 3-browser limit is an anti-fraud feature, but we are working on a good way to fix edge cases like yours.”

Has Brave found a way yet to fix “edge cases” like mine?

I would argue that mine is not an “edge case” at all and that I have what I think must be a very common setup: Brave as the default browser on a desktop computer with a work profile and a personal profile, Brave as the default browser on a laptop computer with a work profile and a personal profile, and Brave as the default browser on a phone. I have Brave Ads enabled on all 5, which means a total of 5 two-way wallets, each of which is verified with Uphold.

Isn’t this exactly the type of adoption Brave wants?

Why would a 3-browser (or 4?) limit be imposed as an anti-fraud measure when it must be common to have greater than 3 (or 4?) browsers for non-fraudulent everyday use?

Yet the issue remains that I inadvertently used up my 3-wallet limit by testing the two-way wallet feature last year using the dev/beta builds (all of which I have uninstalled now), leaving no way to withdraw BAT earned from ads to Uphold from the stable builds I run now.

Is there a way to clear unused/uninstalled Brave versions that count against my wallet limit so I can withdrawal BAT earned from ads to Uphold from each of my actively used browsers?

Can Brave simply exclude dev/beta builds from the wallet limit?

Thank you in advance for your assistance. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Well since i´m not admin i will answer what i can answer xd.

Yes, this since the last update for mobile to sync uphold accounts with mobile devices, this is recently new, a couple of weeks.

Of what i can deduce, imagine that you have a lot of computers, let say i buy 1000 PC´s and i install brave and run them 24/7, let´s call this BAT a minner. Well, since you are abusing the BAT ecosystem (you know one of the principal ideas of BRAVE is to use BAT to support creators, not to use it like a form to obtain money, well not like this), so this is one of the reasons i can think for the limit.

No, the best you can do is disconnect the uphold wallet before uninstalling or erasing the OS from your machine. (for now)

3 Likes

@ambrocioisaias2808 you have a keen sense of the obvious

1 Like

The 3/4 limit is not a big problem in itself, but the upgrades are. What about changing devices over time ?

Should rather be something like “above 3 wallets, you are allowed to 1 additional wallet every year or so”.

1 Like

I am following up on my July 11 post. Thank you.

I am following up on my July 11 post again. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.