Youtube videos get super low-res unless I hover with mouse or go full screen for full-res

Description of the issue: everytime I go to Youtube, the video will play for 3 seconds and then become super blurry until I either hover my mouse over the video or title area or force it into full-screen mode, then I get full resolution.

How can this issue be reproduced? By playing any video for more than 3 seconds

1. By playing ANY video for more than 3 seconds
  2. By not going full-screen
  3. by not moving the mouse over the screen

Expected result: I would like to watch videos in any screen/layout like I am accustomed to since the beginning of youtube without having to go to full screen to get full resolution or having to hover my mouse over the video over and over in order to not lose the resolution

Brave Version( check About Brave): I am using version:
Version 1.15.75 Chromium: 86.0.4240.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: I have tried to look for an answer through all the settings options and have found none. This problem does not happen when I use chrome or firefox, only when I use brave and brave is the only browser I want to use. Please help me find the right settings or an alternate solution to this problem!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.