Full-screen video glitching

Description of the issue:
All full-screen video is glitching. It hapens on youtube, Netflix, HBO Go… It happens often after rewinding with arrow keys. Seems noone here has the same problem, but I am pretty sure it is related to Brave at least indirectly, because it doesn’t happen in Chrome or Firefox or Edge.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Watch a youtube video, go fullscreen, jump forward with arrow key.
  2. Watch a fullscreen video, it starts buffering but it stops at a certain point (the whole video isn’t downloaded), when you reach that point with your playback, it starts to glitch (this is a theory but I am pretty sure it’s the case.) It might be related to buffering then.

Expected result:

Not to stutter/glitch?

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 0.70.122 Chromium: 78.0.3904.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
Please help. I don’t want to use Chrome again. Also, I think it happened around me updating to last version of windows and/or updating nVidia drivers - reinstalling didn’t help. But as I said before, I don’t have any problems in other browsers!

Thank you.

1 Like

First, can you try disable “Hardware acceleration” under Brave’s Settings?

2 Likes

Hi, I did disable it and installed a clean install of my nVidia drivers and it resolved the issue, I could reenable HW acc again and there are no problems. Probably the clean install resolved it regardless of the HW acc setting. Sorry to have bothered you, but still think it’s weird it only happened in Brave. When I was having these issues yesterday I tested it in 3 other browsers and it worked fine there.

Have a nice day,
David

2 Likes