YouTube video glitches in fullscreen when moving mouse

Description of the issue:
When playing YouTube videos in fullscreen and moving the mouse so that the player UI becomes visible, the video stutters and glitches. The video plays normally if you don’t move the mouse and the player UI is hidden. This issue does not occur when playing in windowed mode.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Open Brave
  2. Go to YouTube
  3. Play a video in fullscreen mode
  4. Move the mouse so that the video player UI is visible
  5. Observe the glitching video playback

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
animated

Expected result:
Normal playback of video without glitching.

Reproduces how often:
Everytime.

Brave Version(about:brave):
Version 0.57.18 Chromium: 71.0.3578.80 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
Yes

Additional Information:
I am using latest Windows 10 64 bit with latest Nvidia drivers 417.22.
AMD Ryzen 2700X, Geforce GTX 1080 Ti

In case anyone finds this like I did via Google search:
I am having the exact same problem. It has something to do to hardware acceleration. Turning it off makes Youtube videos play normally again.

Same Brave Version, Windows 10 64bit, Intel i5 6500, Geforce GTX 1080, Nvidia drivers 416.94.

I also have page rendering issues with chrome 71 and the latest version of brave. When version 69 of google chrome came out everything worked correctly but since version 70 i had elements not render in on webpages when i would goto another tab and then return back to a tab i have to interact with the page to get things to render in. Sadly the brave devs cannot fix this. I have an amd a8-6410 apu with radeon r5 graphics (pretty weak but should handle internet and gaming from before 2014. I also have the latest drivers for my graphics card and the latest windows 10 version. I also notice a bunch of messages in about:gpu update: i checked amd and turns out theres a new version of my drivers and in the update notes it says they resolved an issue with youtube videos on chrome. (or chromium based browsers)

also on this page i am noticing the text glitching out and not fully rendering in no matter what i do.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.