Videos not playing on youtube in fullscreen

Hello everyone, I’ve been experiencing a problem with brave whilst playing videos on youtube; When I set any video to fullscreen, my entire screen turns black and no audio plays after that. It is only when I get out of fullscreen mode that I can continue to see and hear what’s going on. This has happened to me today. I’ve checked to see if the version of brave that I have installed on my computer is up to date, which it is (v.1.48.158), I’ve turned off shields to see if that changes anything (It didn’t). However, when I tried it on my other browsers, videos on youtube started working again.

I would try rolling back to the older updates to brave, but I’m not sure if there is a way to do it.

Can anyone help me?

yeah me too, my screen turns black in full screen, audio still playing tho

Hey man, by any chance, do you use Cinema mode to watch videos not in Fullscreen? I’ve found out that switching back to normal mode fixes it.

No, I’ve tried it but doesn’t work

Hello @TanTan1

Thank you for reaching out and I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. Could you kindly use guest mode to see if the issue persist?

Let us know if that helps!

tks, the issue suddenly disappear somehow

Hello @TanTan1

I’m happy that for now the issue is solved. If you have any additional question or the issue comes back let us know.

Have a great day. :wave:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.