YouTube live chat takes awhile to appear

Description of the issue: Youtube live chat takes far longer than it should to appear

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. Visit pretty much any livestream
  2. Then the chatbox is blank and sometimes it says

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

(Picture of the chatbox)
(Status bar)

Expected result: The chatbox should just appear and not stay blank for awhile then finally load in

Reproduces how often: A couple times a day or something like that

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

• Brave Version: Version 1.49.120 Chromium: 111.0.5563.64 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: I’m not advanced in any of this but I think it has something to do with the browser keeping a cache of the website. As to reproduce this I pressed [CTRL + F5] which clears cache and hard reloads page. I’ve been looking for a fix for this and it appears a lot of people have had this happen

See if this is the same thing you are seeing Youtube live chat 30 sec delay - #81 by Mattches

Yes, This is the same issue. Thanks for letting me know about the other post and the staff team response.

If you do not mind posting a comment on that community thread and you want to add your comment to the Github bug report I entered back in Sept 2022. Brave knows this is affecting more people and may light a fire under them to fix the issue.

Alright! Commented on the github report and the thread linked above.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.