YouTube Live Chat Not Working

Description of the issue:
When watching livestreams on YouTube, the live chat does not appear.

Exact URL of the website in question:

Did the issue present with [default Shields settings]?
yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?
no

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration.
no

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?
yes

Brave version (check About Brave):

@footbananas,
Can you please tell me what OS you’re using when you see this? Off the top of my head, you might try clearing cache/site data for youtube and see if the issue persists.

I’m using Windows 10. Clearing the cache did not work, but how do i clear site data for youtube?

@footbananas,

1. Go to Youtube.com
  2. Click the “lock” icon in the address bar, then Site settings
  3. Click Clear data.

(Sometimes the data will take a second to calculate before the button appears)

That did not work… i need to meet the character limit

@footbananas,
Can you please tell me what OS you’re using?

Windows 10. I think i said that earlier, is that not my OS?

@footbananas,
You’re right, you did! My bad – thank you for answering anyway :slight_smile:
I’d like to check a couple things here:

1. Can you please try visiting Youtube in a Private browsing window and test to see if live chat works as intended there?
  2. Can you please go to (in a normal/standard Window) youtube, visit a channel with live chat active and when you get the error, open up the Console in the dev tools window and share any output you see there (a screenshot of the output would be sufficient)? (Menu --> More tools --> Developer tools --> [Console])

Hello! Sorry for taking a bit to reply.

1. It does work in private browsing.

Those errors are coming via an extension chrome-extension://jfempmidaeihapfgebideoelfjgnegab which is Phlinx Browser Extension Uninstall this extension and try again

It still isn’t working… Capture

Try chrome://net-internals/#dns clearing, then refreshing the YT webpage

I got it working! I had an extension to make Youtube TV work on PC and turning that off fixed it. Thank you for the help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.