You sent 1 BAT to Brave Software International

Briefly describe your issue:
Received an email saying ‘You sent 1 BAT to Brave Software International’ which I believe is the auto contribution system. I definitely have this turned off. I’ve had this issue before where Brave auto contributes despite having manually disabled this feature. I didn’t report in the past as I wasn’t sure how to report to begin with. I’m using Uphold to manage BAT.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Version 1.49.132 Chromium: 111.0.5563.147 (Official Build) (arm64)

Mac M1 Pro Ventura 13.3

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
yes

What date did you verify your wallet?
Not sure

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
Yes

Are you eligible for Brave Rewards (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes

Are you on the list of supported regions when verifying Brave Rewards with a custodial partner (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to a custodial partner?
Yes

Most likely you need to raise a ticket at

@smaktat Do you have multiple devices connected? If so, check all of them to make sure that you have Auto Contribute off. I know you mentioned having off, but not sure if you checked all devices and browser profiles (so like if you use Nightly and Release and you checked Release but not Nightly, then might be why).

But if you do indeed have all with Auto Contribute turned off, then you’ll want to create a Rewards Support Ticket at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001302431 as had been mentioned by SmartyAadi as I was typing this out.

No to the multiple devices fortunately unfortunately. Thanks for the replies folks, I’ll repost in the rewards forums.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.