Brave rewards taken from wallet

Briefly describe your issue:

• 1 BAT was sent from my wallet without my permission (no tips gives, no auto contributions made) Uphold directed me here for support as they said the bat was for a tip or auto contribution.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

• Windows (Version 1.44.105 Chromium: 106.0.5249.91)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)

• Yes

What date did you verify your wallet?

• A while back

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

• Yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)

• No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?

• Yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

• Yes

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??

• Yes

I have attached screenshots the transaction and my desktop and mobile broswers.

You must have auto contribute turned on on other devices linked to Uphold

My only other device is my laptop. Just checked there too and auto is off and no tip history.

I’m not sure then… @Saoiray @Chocoholic @rodrige @Aman_M
Help please!

1 Like

@SmartyAadi On this type of thing, nobody can help, especially since @cryptogenics is saying ALL of their devices they’ve ever had connected to Uphold had auto-contribute turned off. I mean, that BAT amount matches as if it’s on, but they claim they didn’t.

Btw, @cryptogenics your screenshots showed tips. You didn’t show where the toggle for Auto-Contribute was turned off. They are two different things. When you go to brave://rewards or Settings → Rewards you’ll see a toggle on top for Brave Ads. Then you scroll down and you’ll see Auto-Contribute and it will also have a toggle for on/off.

Auto-Contribute and Tips are completely different things. So showing Tips page doesn’t show anything.

In any case, if you swear up and down no device had Auto-Contribute turned on, then all you can do is submit a Support Ticket

Any time you have an issue with payouts or with BAT, you typically will always have to do a support ticket.

1 Like

I was only able to upload 4 images in my original post. I have this screenshot as well. I am not as much worried about the 1 BAT as having it be a reoccurring issue. I will create a support ticket as you advised.

2 Likes

@cryptogenics All good. Just was doing a FYI in case you had it confused. Wanted to make sure you were looking on your devices and verifying it was indeed off. When it comes to investigating, attempting to refund anything, or any of those details…that’s going to be something only people who work as Brave can do. And in order to help, they usually need information that is best not shared publicly. This is why they have people do the support tickets. Hopefully you’ll be able to get things figured out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.