BAT removed via auto contribute, never turned on auto contribute

Briefly describe your issue:

Auto contribute turned on without my consent or knowledge, 5 BAT removed from account.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Android for auto contribute issue, windows for other devices

Brave 1.34.81
Chromium 97.0.4692.99

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)

Yes

What date did you verify your wallet?

11/17/2021, 06:09:09 PM wallet_verified

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

Yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)

No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?

Yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

Yes

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??

Yes

1 Like

Same happened to me. How can I get it back?

1 Like

I have read that you need to reach out to one of the admins/devs to escalate the problem. I see that @steeven is a good place to start.

Here is more info:

Status

Completed

Date

January 26, 2022, 9:09:46 AM

Reservechain transaction ID

a3fb54b2-162b-44a2-afca-8930e48417bf

Auto-contribute is enabled by default when you opt-in to ads in brave://rewards. You have to manually disable auto-contribute. Also, once disabled you have to exit the browser and restart for the change to take affect.

Brave has a project in the Planning stage to notify users before any auto-contribute is sent. They will be able to confirm or deny.

https://github.com/orgs/brave/projects/28#card-59081771

I don’t know why they just don’t make the default off instead of on! There was a Feature Request a couple of years ago to do just that and it didn’t get one vote! lol

I have the same problem, the auto-contribute is off in my phone but this morning i checked my wallet and this message appears thanks for you tip
If the auto contribute is off, how is possible??? this is a scam, I using brave for 1 year and this a problem recently,and the support team does nothing.

I had to activate the auto contribution to verify why the tip had been sent, but it was deactivated

@Jcoba625 Ack, no idea about that. Sorry.

You probably should open a support request in a new topic. Make sure you include the template and answer the questions! You might want to check, and include a screen shot of, the auto-contribute settings (ac.enabled) in the brave://rewards-internals Event Log.

I hope you can get your problem resolved!

1 Like

The auto contribute was off on my 3 devices as well. I turn them all off when I download brave. I will try to figure out how to open a support ticket. Thank you for the information.

@SirRonlad You may have figured this out already… To open a support ticket, just create a new topic in #brave-rewards:rewards-support. When the editor opens there are instructions in the pane on the right side on how to submit the support request. Copy and paste the template found in the instructions into the message pane on the left side of the editor. Make sure you answer as many of the questions as you can in the template!

You can DM me if you need help finding information but it may be a while before I can get back to you. Good luck! :smile:

I appreciate the help, thank you very much.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.