Auto-Contribute turned itself back on, contributed unintentionally

Briefly describe your issue:
Auto-Contribute turned on automatically after I switched it off, and as a result I contributed 2.0 BAT unintentionally. Any way to get those back?

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Android 11, Brave v1.24.86

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
no

What date did you verify your wallet?
N/A

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
N/A

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
no, although another computer on the same network occasionally connects to a VPN

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Yes

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
Yes

Thanks for reporting. I’d like to ask a few questions to start:

• Auto Contribute is ON by default and must be manually turned OFF. Did you turn it OFF?
  • Do you have multiple devices linked to your Uphold? If so, is Auto Contribute turned OFF on each of these devices?
  • Can you share a screenshot of your Contributions and Event Log tabs which can be found here brave://rewards-internals/

Thank you in advance!

Hi Steeven,

Thank you so much for a quick response!

• Yes, I turned OFF Auto-Contribute. For this reason I was surprised to find that my 2.0 BAT had been contributed and that Auto-Contribute had been switched back on. This was the May 2021 payout cycle. I turned it off again at that time, and then when I checked this month for payouts (yesterday) I saw that once again Auto-Complete had switched on.
  • I am not sure what Uphold is but I do have four devices that are associated (three of the four are desktop web browsers - two on Win10 and one on MacOS). Yes, Auto-Contribute is turned OFF on each.
  • Please see attached screenshots.

Thanks again,
Dan

Thanks @danthropos, can you DM me the email linked to your Uphold?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.