Whatsapp Web is not working

Hey guys, im not sure why this happens, but every time you relaunch brave, disabling or enabling hardware acceleration, it loads correctly, no matter which one you do. And when you reload the page it does not anymore, you just need to relaunch brave again with the hardware acceleration on the opposite. Hope this helps the devs.

Update: After enabling the hardware aceleration, now seems to work ok.

3 Likes

Still not working. Still using Chrome :frowning:

I’d turned on hardware acceleration, it has worked at the beginnig, but after a “Suspend”, Whatsapp again didn’t work.

2 Likes

Yep, it was the same for me, do it again, disable hardware acceleration this time, and it should work

Still happening:
Version 1.40.107 Chromium: 103.0.5060.53 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 10 21H2 19044.1766

The QR either stays forever in loading or when it loads it says the PC has no internet connection. Also tried with shields down and private tab.

I have the same problem, working on different browsers, but not on Brave.

Wow! It worked for me too! I remember I got a message like a month ago prompting me to update my web whatsapp; I said, why not. But that’s when the nightmare began; not only did logging in took longer, messages were not always synced with my cell phone; I hope this reset solves both problems. THANKS MAN!!

Somone above posted some screenshots of how to reset Brave. It worked for me man; you should try.

Even with the new update (Version 1.40.109 Chromium: 103.0.5060.66), the problem persists…

1 Like

I have the same issue.

for them, this is not a big issue, now I’m using opera or chrome it’s working fine, try for an alternative.

Thank you so much! This actually worked, I did not expect that. I have been frustrated by this issue for weeks now and had been using firefox especially for whatsapp web. You are awesome!

Its frustrating that things just start randomly stop working and our options are to use another browser…

2 Likes

I don’t have the Honey extension installed, but I think one of my extensions was breaking it. I turned off all my extensions (I used the “Disable Extensions Temporarily” extension, but you can also manually do it) and then I was able to log in without a problem.

After I logged in, I reenabled my extensions and it still worked, even after restarting Brave. Curious if this works for others.

2 Likes

@dmaz99

Thanks for the tip, re Disable Extensions Temporarily extension

Ref.:

I did not reset all my settings, but created a new user and started brave for the first time. This browser window did not have any problem linking whatsapp.
Ubuntu Unity 22.04, Brave [Version 1.40.113 Chromium: 103.0.5060.114 (Official Build) unknown (64-bit)]

So it must be a setting or an extension.
Then I disabled all my extensions, and my main brave browser started to wok.

This is what worked for me alltogether:

• Disabled secure dns
  • Turned off shield for web.whatsapp.com
  • Disabled all extensions.

After this I was able to link the device and whatsapp started to work.

1 Like

That worked perfectly. Thanks!!!

I found a solution. For me it was only working on Chrome and on a window with tor.

When it was not working on a normal window, my laptop was connected with an ethernet cable and my phone was on the wifi of the same router.

I turned off wifi on my phone and connect my laptap via wireless.

It worked. Connected to whatsapp web with no problems.

I hope it helps.

1 Like

THANKS !!! This fixed the problem. :grinning:

16/07/2022
Brave still not working with Whatsapp web.