I have been collecting BATs from Brave rewards for over a year. Now, I want to transfer them to crypto wallet. Offered wallets are Gemini and Uphold, none of which are available in Serbia. What should I do? How do I transfer collected BATs?
@289wk Thank you! I took a look and found this
So, I guess there is no way to transfer and use BATs in any other way than send tips to creators? I want to reinstall OS on my PC and to continue where I left off. I’ve read that a user can try to save those BATs with backup of BraveSoftware folder. Is there any other known way? @Saoiray
I’m getting a new device, how do I backup my information?
- BAT needs to be on a verified wallet if you don’t want to risk losing it. At this time, it is NOT saved when you create a Sync chain. If you have verified your “wallet” with Uphold or Gemini, then when you install Brave on your new device and connect it with your Wallet, your BAT should appear and all pending BAT will be sent in the next payout.
- If you don’t have a verified wallet and your BAT is actually vBAT, there currently is no official way to save it. Brave is working on an official Backup & Restore feature for Brave Rewards. Until then, the unofficial way that works to move your BAT from an unverified wallet to a new device can be seen at https://www.reddit.com/r/BATProject/comments/rvsokm/how_to_backup_brave_wallet_for_windows/ and https://www.reddit.com/r/BATProject/comments/smh28a/brave_backup/
- Bookmarks, History, Extensions, and Passwords are saved if you create a Sync chain. To do this, go to
brave://settings/braveSync/setupand make sure to establish a Sync chain on the device that has the data you want to keep (assuming you haven’t already done this). Then on your new device, you’ll go to
brave://settings/braveSync/setupand choose “I have a Sync Code” (or something like that) and enter the Sync Code provided on the original device when you choose
Add New Device
TL:DR (too long, didn’t read) version of that is you don’t have an official way to save your BAT yet. They are working on official Backup & Restore. But overall saving entire Brave Foler (not just part) and then transferring it to new device or returning to device after reinstall should do it for you. Main thing though is to follow the instructions on the Reddit link. If you don’t follow exactly, you can have troubles.
Official Backup & Restore should hopefully be released soon. As to bookmarks and other things, that will share through Sync chain. Just keep in mind BAT won’t be saved on Sync as they are two different things.
@Saoiray I tried what you suggested and it worked! Thank you very much for your help!
To conclude, unofficial working solution is:
- create a sync chain (brave://settings/braveSync/setup)
- backup whole BraveSoftware folder (C:\Users[user]\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware)
- after reinstall, just bring back that BraveSoftware folder on the same destination
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.