Video-Streaming: Glitch - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Max-Q

Description of the issue: Some Streaming-Videos (no matter on which portal) have some sort of glitch, or as massive as in this Screenshot (YouTube)

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. Alienware m15 / Win 10 / 64bit / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Max-Q / Brave Version 0.65.118 Chromium: 75.0.3770.80 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit) --> All drivers have the newest version!

1. Use hardware acceleration, if available (Checked) --> (otherwise Brave is unusable - because of the buildin browser-animations)

2. Go to Facebook or YouTube or any other streaming-site: some Videos show this glitch effect, some not

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Just another on…
2019-06-06%2017%2037%2008

Expected result:

Reproduces how often: Unpredictably variable

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu): Windows 10 Home 1903 - Brave Version 0.65.118 Chromium: 75.0.3770.80 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)

Additional Information: NVIDIA Support don’t know about this issue.

Thanks for any suggestions

@tusdik,
Thank you for reaching out.
Interesting that it’s not HWA related. I was reading yesterday about users experiencing a video slow down issue due to an outdated Widevinecdm plugin in Chrome – we use this same plugin to display DRM protected content.

To be honest I don’t really think that’s the same issue, but it’s worth at least checking – have you installed Widevinecdm? You would need to have done this to stream content on sites like Netflix, Hulu or Spotify.

1 Like

Thanks for your quick respond.
No, for those services I then use Chrome.

Interesting. I wonder if this is specific to release channel – would you mind trying to download our Beta, Developer, or Nightly builds to see if you get the same behavior when streaming?
Note that these can be installed in parallel and not overwrite or interfere with the other builds data.

1 Like

Ok, let’s go: BETA (Version 0.66.82 Chromium: 75.0.3770.38 (Official Build) beta (64-bit))
– no time for the other versions. But i’ll check them as well.

Same YouTube-Video like in my first post - oh, look - improvement.

Oh, wait.

YEHA: BRAVE Nightly Version 0.68.26 Chromium: 75.0.3770.80 (Official Build) nightly (64-bit)

It works! The hole video is clean. No glitch at all.

@tusdik,
Thank you for confirming. It’s likely that this fix will be applied to Release as well as it moves down the pipeline.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.