I need help fixing this "error"

I am not sure if it is Brave Browser causing this but I can’t seem to watch any Youtube Video, MP4, and some Gifs from the website Gyazo

I am also new to the community so please let me know if I am breaking any rules or doing anything wrong by posting this.

Hello and welcome @HG4U_Terminal

is this the site you mention https://gyazo.com/?
what is your brave version and could you send one link that does not work in your side
to see if it work with me also or not

and have a nice day :slight_smile:

alright well try watching a youtube video like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
It will only show like a black page(where the video/mp4 is supposed to be) and it won’t show anything unless I scroll through the bottom line like the scroll for video thing

could you go to
brave://settings/help

and tell me your brave version

also try to go to brave://settings/system then disable hardware acceleration

Version:
Version 1.16.72 Chromium: 86.0.4240.183 (Official Build) (64-bit)

System Acceleration:
It worked after I disabled System Acceleration but I really want that on only because I am running a Windows 7 Model Running Windows 10

Specs:
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz
Memory: 8.0 GB DDR3

sorry but i did not get that

you mean you running windows 7 as vm inside a windows 10 or something else

Something else: I am using the Model of a Windows 7 (originally this Laptop was a Windows 7) but now its currently running windows 10 because I updated it before

thanks for explanation
some of the the hardware acceleration issue related to gpu driver
so try to check gpu/video driver for your laptop first from the vendor of the laptop make sure to use the windows 10 one

then try to check if enable the hardward acceleration work fine

if it does not work then check if the windows update has any update for the gpu driver

but the best is to use the laptop driver version

if both way did not help then wait tell an update to the library of the hardware acceleration release that has better compatibility with your gpu

hope that help and have a nice day

Thank you for all the help and thanks for fixing it

1 Like

you very welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like