Youtube player fails after 3 seconds

Description of the issue:
After about 3 seconds youtube stops playing videos and buffers. The buffer bar appears to keep loading, but the video does not play. Brave has also been very slow the last few days, but I was still able to do everything yesterday and didn’t think much of it. Youtube works in firefox. I also tried lowing sheilds in a private window and got the same result in brave, 3 seconds then infinite loading. I’ve included a screenshot:

And yes, I tried restarting brave, and my pc multiple times.

Exact URL of the website in question:
This is a url I am currently using, but it seems to be all youtube sites: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDQznKRtb34

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)
I think so, yeah

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?
no

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):
No, it just always breaks

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?
I don’t use chrome out of principle, but it works in Firefox. I would hope google’s own video site works in their own browser though. If really needed I can install chrome in a sandbox and test it.

Brave version (check About Brave):
Version 0.68.131 Chromium: 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

@firestar9114,
Thanks for reaching out (and for the through report)!
Can you tell me what OS you’re using?
Additionally, can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration and see if that resolves the issue?

Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

Hi, I’m currently running windows 10 pro 64-bit version 1809 build 17763.678. I would love to give that fix a shot, however I was actually checking this thread because all the videos that had been frozen started playing all at once(And scared me half to death, lol) and I was just going to check back to let you know the issue seems to be resolved for me. I also tried opening new videos again and it seems to have started working again. Not really sure why, just left it in the background while I used fire fox ¯\(ツ)/¯ Glad to be back on brave though, and if I do have more issues I’ll be sure to reach out if the issue resurfaces :smiley: Still not sure what caused it. Been using brave for quite a while and never seen an issue like that before :sweat_smile: Have a great day, and keep up the awesome work on Brave :grin:

1 Like

@firestar9114,
No worries – thanks for lettings us know!