Youtube stuttering videos

Description of the issue:
Playback of youtube videos are stuttering (looks like buffering).
This doesn’t happen in Chrome.
I have has the same livestream open in Brave and Chrome at the same time, and the Chrome window plays without any issue.

The issue is mostly with Shields Up, it seems.
I have tried with Shields Down, and it is better, but will not stream at high quality, and still occasionally stutters.

Exact URL of the website in question:
https://www.youtube.com/

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)
Yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?
Not really, but sort of - see above.

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):
No

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?
Yes

Brave version (check About Brave):
Version 1.11.104 Chromium: 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) (64-bit)

try to turn off hardware acceleration

hope that help and have a nice day

HW accel makes no difference in this instance - on or off gives the same result.
Having researched the issue a fair bit before posting anything, this was one of the first things I tried :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Rob

then let me ask @Mattches for his help

hope it get fixed soon and have a nice day both of you

@robgt,
Can you tell me what you have your Shields settings set to for Youtube? Additionally, are there any extensions installed in your browser at this time?

I have been having the same issues as well. It only happens when I have two windows open with one being a Youtube video and another being any interactive website. This only started about a week or so ago. I cannot replicate the problem in Chrome, so I suppose it is a Brave only thing.

HW acceleration and disabling Shield did nothing.

Try private mode? or Brave in a new profile?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.