Very slow streaming

Hi,

Since about 2 weeks, when I look a streaming, I have to stop often because the movie stop very often. I wait 2 minutes, and after I can look again for 3-4 minutes.
I tried with 2 connection, 4.5 Mb/s and 40 MB/s

I use : Version 0.69.135 Chromium: 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Other people have this problem?

@Ares76690,
There are many factors that may play into a slow connection for streaming or browsing content. Can you please test a different browser on the same connection(s) to see if streaming is equally as slow?

I have already compare with chrome with the connection of 4.5Mb/s
There was some slow-down but it was probably the connection

Right – so can you confirm that the slow down only happens in Brave? It seems more likely to be an issue with the connection itself rather than the browser.

I just try mozilla Firefox, there was some slow-down, but less than with Brave
How I can see the different programs who use data to check if it due to an app

@Ares76690,
If you’re getting slowdown on other browser, even if it’s slightly worse or better in Brave, the cause likely isn’t the browsers themselves and is either an issue with your connection, or something else on your machine that’s consuming network resources.

Use the Windows task manager to view what apps are open/running and the resources they’re consuming.

I come back after some test
I check in Windows task manager, but I didn’t find any apps that consume resources

I disabled HTTPS connexion for my streaming site, and I have no more slow-down, I can see my TVshow in one time

But the download are slow too, even with HTTPS disabled on the website
I have to disabled HTTPS in Brave’s setting ?

@Ares76690 It could be a problem with the connection. Any idea what speeds you should be getting through your ISP? You can check your data connection speeds by going to Speed Test. See if you can verify your connection speed is running to expectations. If not, maybe reboot the router or modem for your network. (This should cover some basic network troubleshooting.) :+1: Then try to test your streaming on multiple browsers again.

1 Like

My box tell 43MB/s, I always have about this speed, and speedtest tell me 39MB/s
I reboot my box yesterday, but the speed stay the same, but maybe something happened.

Today, without HTTPS, I tried again in the same condition between different browsers and streaming didn’t have slow-down

1 Like

Glad it worked out for you. Let us know if you have any trouble in the future. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.