Brave very slow in comparison to Firefox/Chrome

When I first installed the browser (coming from firefox) I noticed it was lightning fast, but for some reason now, it is incredibly slow to load websites. (Almost all websites load slowly, including YouTube, Twitch, and more commonly google/duckduckgo searches.

It feels as if when I click a link, the browser stalls for a while before attempting to connect. I have no idea what is causing this. I have looked at similar issues in the past. The attempted fix was to turn off hardware accleration, which I have tried and noticed no changes.

[
Version 1.19.86 Chromium: 88.0.4324.96 (Official Build) (64-bit)

@iaminterface,
Do you have any extensions installed in the browser? If so, one of them may be conflicting with the browser and causing the slow performance.

If not, my suggestion would be to try clearing your browsing data/cache – this typically improves performance.

Hello and thanks for the response.

The issue seems to occur whether I have extensions installed or not. Doesn’t seem to matter. I tried clearing my cache and history and it did not seem to show any significant improvements.

I have seen others reporting on this issues on the brave subreddit. So it leads me to believe it may not be an isolated issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.