Description of the issue:
I’m a fairly new Brave user. I’ve been using it for less than a month, I think? It started out very fast. However, for the last 4 days or so, Brave has been extremely slow. Every new tab, every page refresh, every click takes anywhere from 30s to 5m+ with notification errors like “the page seems to be unresponsive. Would you like to wait or exit?” Clicking on wait, it will eventually come up whereas clicking on exit repeats the “queueing” time.
Part of it is my net. I only get 1-2mbps which is possibly why I might be waiting for as long as 5 minutes. However, this wasn’t an issue before. I can’t even log into sites, like my college account, that requires OTP with minute long duration periods because it takes so long for everything to load.
I have done the following to try and fix the issue:
0. Checked and troubleshoot my net (nothing changed, and Mum who uses Chrome hasn’t had any issues)
0.1 My computer runs daily scans for malware, and weekly thorough scans, so it’s not a virus
- Update all of my plugins (nothing changed)
- Delete all my plugins (nothing changed, so I got them back)
- Clear all cache/cookies/history/etc (nothing changed)
- Change the DNS in the browser setting (nothing changed)
- Close and reboot Brave
- Reset Brave to its original settings (nothing changed)
- Delete and create a new user profile (nothing changed)
- Reset my computer (nothing changed)
- Check my drivers (nothing changed)
- Turned off hardware acceleration in Brave (nothing changed, so I turned it back on)
The plugins I’m using are: Stylus, DocsAfterDark, Dark Reader, Duckduckgo, and Adblock Plus (because I was still getting google’s ads in my e-mail in Brave). I usually have anywhere from 6-10 tabs open at a time.
This happens on literally every site I visit or tab I open.
When I googled into it, it looked like many others had similar issues but no resolutions that I could find. Different periods, though, so I’m not sure if it’s a patch.
How can this issue be reproduced?
Not sure, it’s just been doing this on its own.
Brave Version( check
About Brave): “Brave is up to date”
Version 1.42.88 Chromium: 104.0.5112.81 (Official Build) (64-bit)