Vertical tabs are missing the close ‘X’ button in Windows Desktop

This thread was closed because no one else reported or updated the issue in the thread within 30 days.

However, this does NOT mean it’s not happening and if Brave doesn’t respond in 30 days to an open thread, this should be cause for closing it.

Re-opening the continuation of the previous thread here.

The issue remains, after upgrading to Windows 11 (in my case at least), and without changing anything on my profile or settings, the vertical tabs no longer have an ‘X’ that allows you to close the tab from the vertical tab bar.

I am not sure if this is an interaction with Windows 11 as I only noticed it after the upgrade.

I am currently using:

• Brave Version 1.59.120 Chromium: 118.0.5993.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Windows 11 Pro - OS Build 22621.2428
  • Processor Intel(R) Core™ i5-8350U CPU @ 1.70GHz 1.90 GHz (this shouldn’t matter, but here goes)

Please either log a proper bug for this and notify us of the same or provide a solution before closing the thread again.

Thanks in advance,

I have Windows 22H2 and it has always worked perfectly fine, if it didn’t I would have ‘filed’ a ‘proper’ issue, which you could have done in Github directly if anything, the problem is, only because you have a problem doesn’t mean Devs can fix it, because if they can’t reproduce it, then nothing can be done.
And then, you didn’t provide much information besides you upgraded.

Did you test with a total NEW user data? does it happen there as well? because that’s pretty important, since enabled some flag or something that might mess with it and cause issues specific to Win11, not everything is ‘windows’, some stuff are specific to Win11 as well.
I have reported bugs that were win11 specific.

Did minimizing and expanding tabs didn’t fix it? are you using collapsed, on mouseover or expanded VT? Did you resize the VT? Did switching from VT to HT change anything?

Did you change any system setting like System Properties → Performance Options? Where you can remove animations to buttons and stuff?

Close button only appears on Hover in Expanded VT and active tab. They also changing Collapsed VT, so it shows always icons or volume if sound is playing, and then show the close button on hover, not always like they are doing now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.