Brave rewards profile flagged?

My rewards profile seems to be flagged? I am trying to connect it to gemini, but I keep getting an error. “Error: Brave Rewards profile is flagged”

Version 1.37.116 Chromium: 100.0.4896.127 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
No
What date did you verify your wallet?
N/A
Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
No
Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No
Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes
Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Yes

Same here!
Just tried to re-verify my account?
I don’t understand.

I have been having this with one of my laptops for the last couple of weeks. I have my Samsung phone verified and a laptop I use daily for work. But this one off one that I use a couple of times a day won’t let me verify with Gemini.

Version 1.38.117 Chromium: 101.0.4951.67 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Not on this laptop but is on two other devices
N/A
Yes
No
Yes
Yes

my profile has been flagged for the past three months and I’m really unsure why. Ive always had my VPN on and even when I turned it off it would keep my profile verified. I don’t really use my computer for much other than youtube so I don’t see a reason why I’ve been flagged.

Version 1.38.117

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)**
Before being flagged yes, but it is not currently verified
N/A
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes

So is nobody going to do anything about this?

It really stinks. and the Brave team says to just wait to see if it un-flags itself.
Personally I think it may be smarter to just create a new profile as 3 months of no BATs.
Correct me if this is the wrong way to go.

Not necessarily. It advises not much you can do. One thing I will suggest for you and others is to check out the FAQ that’s pinned. I reformatted it last night so things are easier to find. Flagged accounts is one of them. You can see it at -Retired- PSA: User FAQ - Support & Answers

That may be the case, though keep in mind it can link your accounts to your payment ID and all, such as your Uphold or Gemini account. Often if you’ve been flagged, the big thing to do is to review what you’re doing that might have caused you to be flagged in the first place. Things like using VPN, Proxy Server, editing folders, cloning Brave, etc. Also if you think you sincerely think you did nothing wrong, you can always create a Support Ticket.

For all of those details, check out the FAQ I linked in my reply to ajcDev just slightly above where I quoted you here. It talks a bit more about a lot of things related to Brave, included why accounts can be flagged and what to do if you think your account was wrongly flagged.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.