Uphold : error: device limit reached

Hello.

Before I formatted my computer, I had connected my uphold account to brave browser and was using it without any problems. There was no problem after formatting as well. But after a while I had trouble receiving ads, I deleted brave browser and reinstalled it and tried to connect my Uphold wallet again. But Uphold is not connecting anymore and I started getting an error saying “error: device limit reached”. What can I do in this situation? I would be very grateful if you could assist me urgently.

1 Like

I also have same problem. even I filled custodian wallet disconnection form still can connect it to my uphold account.

@Snellman @mzak Welcome to the community. :slightly_smiling_face: If you follow the instructions in the post linked below you can remove a device. I have also posted additional information relating to this issue. Hope it helps!

This Help Center article has more information on linking limits:
How many Brave Rewards wallets can be linked to my crypto custodian account?

Brave is removing linking limits. The Brave GitHub issue report is linked below. You can track the status of the project there. Anticipated release date is after May payout processing but there isn’t a firm release date set.

Implement solution for linking limits

Last Update: > Comment by Miyayes (Issue Author/Brave-Browser Collaborator)

Thanks to @IanMoone for image!

2 Likes

I did this, and was told several times that “Good news!” your problem is fixed when, of course, it was completely unchanged.
“Error: Device limit reached”
I know maybe this month it will be fixed, maybe.

I think I saw another community member who posted that too. Not sure if I can find but I will try. Maybe there was something in that post that can help!

If you didn’t fill out the form correctly, that could be the issue. @Chocoholic has done some posts on this issue which contain screen shots to help you fill it out correctly.

1 Like

Nope did not fill out incorrectly. Followed guidance given. Wouldn’t the fixer have known if I gave incorrect information? Problem seems overly hard to fix.
Link to posts mentioned?

@Herrvader lol What!? Posting the topic WITH YOUR SCREENSHOTS below. Thank-you! :smiley:

@tomprodehl I forgot about this until @Herrvader reminded me… the most common issue for unlinking requests that fail is putting in the wrong information. So, the following information is selected content from the current User Solutions topic. Look at the screenshots and confirm you are entering the information correctly.

ISSUE: Device Limit Reached

This link is for Instructions and a link to the Request form to Unlink a Device :
How to Submit a Wallet Unlinking Request

Detailed Instructions with Screenshots below:
How to Remove Verified Devices (screenshots)

Additional Screenshots:
Form Screenshot (enlarged)
Rewards Internals Screenshot (enlarged)

Thanks to @Herrvader for the all screenshots!

Linked below is a screenshot of the email a user received from Brave Support. Is this the same letter you received?

1 Like

You were on the road bud. Didn’t want to step on your toes amigo!

1 Like

You wouldn’t have. I appreciate when someone posts additional information I missed! Now if you were basically just repeating everything I already said… that’s different. But you weren’t (and you don’t) so feel free. :smiley:

1 Like

Already been posted. With multiple other threads.

I think it is. At least, in the past, support staff have indicated that it is. I think (just speculation on my part), because of privacy issues, the backend data is not easily (if at all) identifiable for specific users.

If you have gone through the unlinking request several times and are still getting the message, you should probably DM the moderators and ask them if they can take a closer look. Include all the details, including the ticket numbers from your requests, and your wallet payment id found at brave://rewards-internals. Do not post your wallet id!

At this time, that is all I can think of to suggest. Sorry. Take care. :slightly_smiling_face:

People should take this sentence very seriously. Consider it equivalent to your private keys of your wallets.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.