Uphold account connected Brave Browser still saying I need to connect by 31 OCT or lose my BAT

Hello,

Today I established an Uphold account, verified and in a servicing country- US.

Im on a Windows 10 laptop and have the latest brave version.

In the process of connecting the uphold account to the brave browser I received verification email from Uphold the accounts are connected, and in the uphold wallet you can see the accounts are connected.

However, in the brave browser the connection process errored out. Subsequent attempts to connect get the same error just says there was a problem connecting, and has a try again button which continues to not work. I currently have 64.75 BAT in the browser and dont want to to lose it.

@Evan123 please assist. The deadline is closing in!

Do you see KYC_required in your recent Event Logs here? brave://rewards-internals

If so, please check out this guide to resolve the matter.

Thanks!

1 Like

No I completed in Uphold. I created a case to attach the log, after seeing something similar in another post.

case number a7d8a316-638c-40dd-83d1-00e2d0a2b7c5

This is the key lines from the errors… I probably tried connecting many more times but this is the only error that repeats numerous times.

[Oct 29, 2023, 11:34:00.2 AM:ERROR:post_connect.cc(77)] Unknown message!
[Oct 29, 2023, 11:34:00.3 AM:ERROR:connect_external_wallet.cc(186)] Failed to connect uphold wallet!
[Oct 29, 2023, 11:56:19.5 AM:ERROR:post_connect.cc(77)] Unknown message!
[Oct 29, 2023, 11:56:19.5 AM:ERROR:connect_external_wallet.cc(186)] Failed to connect uphold wallet!
[Oct 29, 2023, 11:56:36.4 AM:ERROR:post_connect.cc(77)] Unknown message!
[Oct 29, 2023, 11:56:36.4 AM:ERROR:connect_external_wallet.cc(186)] Failed to connect uphold wallet!
[Oct 29, 2023, 12:03:49.4 PM:ERROR:post_connect.cc(77)] Unknown message!
[Oct 29, 2023, 12:03:49.4 PM:ERROR:connect_external_wallet.cc(186)] Failed to connect uphold wallet!
[Oct 29, 2023, 2:00:10.6 PM:ERROR:post_connect.cc(77)] Unknown message!
[Oct 29, 2023, 2:00:10.6 PM:ERROR:connect_external_wallet.cc(186)] Failed to connect uphold wallet!

Sorry I misread your post yes I do see which is strange because uphold verified me. It does say that in event log. I have made no changes to uphold account though that meet the description of the post you attached. However, looking at the time stamp on the event log, the last KYC required event was probably before I completed the process. At first I didnt see that uphold was sending an email when you hit next, it seemed liked nothing was happening. So I completed KYC before the log entries above.

This issue still needs attention

@dualityman Did you check the post Evan linked you to and have you tried doing as it instructed?

You can also see the same instructions at Limited Uphold account functionality.

I tried but had some difficulty with buying some crypto with my debit card, as uphold claimed my bank declined the transaction but when I called them today they did not decline it. I didnt want to move any crypto to uphold if I was going to have problems getting it out again. All’s well that ends well though, as soon as I got home from work I just tried connecting in the brave panel and this time it worked! Not sure what that was all about. Maybe a mandatory 24 hour hold before you could do anything after getting verified?

Thanks for everyone’s assistance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.